FZX700 Forks???

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxed141

Reaction score
I have a fzx700 parts bike. Wondering if anyone has ever installed the front forks and tire setup on a max? It like the idea of the smaller front tire, but not sure if it would lower the bike too much....

Fork diameter of fzx700 is 38mm 1985-1992 vmax is 40mm and up from there is 43mm so you cant just swap forks.. unless the triple tree will fit max frame but then your talking about figuring out and modifying everything from headlight, handlebar bracket, crown, Speedo to fit on that triple tree. Then also you have a 135lbs curb weight difference between bikes roughly so I wouldnt reccomend it... alot of work for such little gain because the ability of what the smaller fork will handle will probably make the vmax handle even worse!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

It will fit though the swap is usually the other way around. I haven't tried just the wheel swap but it might work too.

It will fit though the swap is usually the other way around. I haven't tried just the wheel swap but it might work too.

Maybe my post is 100% correct by if the swap is usually the other way around I personally wouldnt do it

Thanks for the info guys! I like to be different... I don't like the looks of my 85's front rim

Post it in the market of our forum each pay shipping and Walla you got yourself the newer rim someone might be up for it like I said the 85's are lighter

I've got a stack of them around here that you can have relatively cheap depending on how nice you wanted it to be. Some of the newer/nicer wheels would have a higher cost.

Latest posts

Back