Gatlinburg Tenn. and Myrtle Beach Sc.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BIGMO

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys im goin on vacation in a couple weeks, Me, Wife and 3 kids (ages 11, 13,15) the two older kids arent goin, and i am wondering if any of you have been to or live in Gatlinburg Tennessee or Myrtle Beach South Carolina? I will be passing through and staying a night in Gatlinburg and then goin to Myrtle beach and staying at myrtle for 3 or 4 days then coming back thru Gatinburg on the way home.
What im wondering is the better places to stay in each town, nothing fancy in Gatlinburg but no dump (hopefuly a pool to keep the kids quiet), as we are staying probably just a night each time we stay here. and anything cool to do in this town. i heard about the tram lift that takes u up the mountain and then u ride the slides down, Ober Gatlinburg i think its called, that sounds fun.
In Myrtle we are stayin longer probably 3-5 nights. So there im lookin for a condo type ON the Beach, with full kitchen, water park or damn cool pool, easy beach access, etc ... hopefully $150 - 200$ a night. but less would be great if its a good place to stay. Im hoping i can get a last minute deal on a condo but havent called yet.
I know this isnt the place for it but im posting it on all my forums just in case someone has some cool stuff or knows about these spots.

Jon Lewis

---------------BUMP--------------------

No one lives in Couth Carolina? no ideas on condos? or things to do? what about Tennesse in the pidgeon fordge or Gatlinburg area? things to do?

TN guy here. I always make it a point to visit Gatlinburg, TN every year. If you can spare the 175.00 a night for a very nice Chalet on the side of a mountain with awesome views, with an 8 person hot tub on the front porch than its worth every penny!! Check out MYCABIN.COM they are ALL very nice and new! It will be an expiernce your wife will love!
The Aquarium is nice, if you have kids be sure to play a game of putt putt mini golf which basically you ride a ski lift up to the top of a mountain and work your way down to the last hole great family fun at a reasonable cost.
Also you can take a helicopter ride for a reasonable cost.

If you like Mexican food and love a good kick ass margarita visit No Way Joes located in the center of Gatlinburg. If you love Pancakes you wont have a hard time finding a place they are located about every 500 feet in Gatlinburg.

Nice thanks for the review. its appreciated. I am thinkin of extending my Tennessee stay an extra day and cuttin off one of the 5 days of the myrtle beach stay. theres only so much u can do on a beach. Ill have a drink in my hand the whole damn time. that Cabin sounds good im checkin that out. I want the best views i can find. my wife hasnt been in that area before. shes mostly just been Missouri. which is ok but i need a new view b4 i start climbing a tower ....... Thanks again.

Any Myrtle beach guys here? which is better North Central or South Myrtle? Need Kid freindly. Teen age kids that is. is it central myrtle that has the nascar experiance, and hard rock theme park? any ideas on where to stay close to them? I am makin my reservations today. thx.

This is true you can see so much beach, but thats my opinion. I am more of a mountains guy than a beach guy.
Yourcabin.com has a lot of great Chalets and varience in price. I promise you, you wont be let down and chicks love that kind of stuff.
I am sorry I cant give you much advice on the family event planner, I dont have any children and most of all my Gatlinburg Trips are taking a chick.
The Aqaurium is nice, also I am not sure of your budget but Dollywood is an amusment park within 15-20 mins of the chalets. There are plenty of things to do along the main strip going through Gatlinburg for family to do such as Laser Tag, Go Karts, Water Parks, Mini Golf, Haunted and Fun houses etc. The best bet is do a google search for "Gatlinburg Pigeon Forge Events"
Ohh did I mention all the pancake houses :rofl_200:

Latest posts

Back