Gauge Bezels

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitchell

Reaction score
I never really cared for the way the stock gauges look without a bezel. IMO they are just too bland and needed a little detail work. So with no luck finding bezels to fit the gauges (mostly just the temp gauge) and after seeing Lankees gauge setup I decided to just make them myself. I made these out of 1-1/2" schedule 40 PVC pipe and a 1-1/2" PVC coupling. I cut, sanded, painted them aluminum and then adhered them with clear silicone. Took about an hour and the total cost was less than a buck :eusa_dance: Anyway, I'm sure somebody has done something similar to this before. But figured what the hell, I might as well show what I did to enhance the look of the stock gauges on my Vmax. Now if I could just find something that would fit those damn idiot lights:bang head:

Last edited:
That's a great idea Clay!! My kind of mod (less than a buck) looks terrific and can be done in accent colors for effect. :thumbs up:
Krylon paint would bond well to the pvc surface too.

Thanks. Trying to find just the right size pipe, whether is was aluminum, metal or plastic was a bitch. Everytime I was at the hardware store the past several months I was measuring round materials and finally determined that 1-1/2" pvc was the cheap trick. I mostly like the fact that they can be easily removed without damaging the stock gauge faces.

very nice looking... esp for price and time spent.. adds a bit extra to the gauge... and also as u just side, nicely removable!

Awsome idea Clay, that does look sweet. I still can't believe some of the things people can think up to do to the max!

Back