G'day all from Port Pirie, South Australia

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I bought a 94 VMax last year and am in the process of getting it road worthy, she's a bit rough but should come up ok.
Currently chasing a set of master cylinders for the front brake and clutch, any info would be appreciated

Two sources on the USA:

Sean Morley [email protected]

CaptainKyle [email protected]

Both can supply you with usable used components. Sean may have some new ones.

You can use another source, check to see what the bore size is. Both the clutch and the front brake master cylinders are 5/8 inch. If you find an aftermarket source, just be sure that the size is 5/8 inch. That is close to 16mm. 5/8 inch= 15.875mm. So, 0.125 inch difference in not going to appreciably affect your hydraulics.

Often a rebuild kit will restore your master cylinders. Your friendly Yamaha dealer should be able to get those for you. All-Balls and K&L are two aftermarket resources for those.

Last edited:
Two sources on the USA:

Sean Morley [email protected]

CaptainKyle [email protected]

Both can supply you with usable used components. Sean may have some new ones.

You can use another source, check to see what the bore size is. Both the clutch and the front brake master cylinders are 5/8 inch. If you find an aftermarket source, just be sure that the size is 5/8 inch. That is close to 16mm. 5/8 inch= 15.875mm. So, 0.125 inch difference in not going to appreciably affect your hydraulics.

Often a rebuild kit will restore your master cylinders. Your friendly Yamaha dealer should be able to get those for you. All-Balls and K&H are two aftermarket resources for those.
Thanks for the info mate, much appreciated

G'day, thanks for the reply. I didn't see one in my email, it might have got lost in the system, I was enquiring how much did you want for the master cylinders and any idea how much the freight would be to South Australia.
Regards

Bert

Masters run $50-$150 and up depending on the condition. Australia has one of the most expensive shipping locations (must be all that water between us lol). These don't weight much but still would be $43 for a padded mailer or $88 for a medium flatrate box.

$50-$150 x 2
Postage should be the same $43-$88 (better fit in the medium box but I am sure we could get them both in a padded).
Email me at [email protected]

Back