Gen 1 Clutch

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Kyle. I viewed it and think it is helpful for someone doing it for the first time or he who wants a refresher.

Great job! I'd like to see a video how you move the engines on/off your lifts and other contraptions. :)

Mark

Great job! I'd like to see a video how you move the engines on/off your lifts and other contraptions. :)

Mark
I will try. I am video challenged! I have no idea how to edit videos or put like 2 videos together I guess that comes with editing but I am completely stupid to that stuff. I am completely by myself 98% of the time so it's challenging for me. I gave tons of anxiety that I take meds for so that is another issue with me trying to make videos

Some suggestions on developing competency in video editing.

Your local public high school probably has adult ed classes which can expose you to video editing.

You might also approach the head of the computer science program if there's a community college program somewhere near you. Ask the dep't. head if he/she has some students who would be interested in helping you.

Lastly, do what so-many of us do, approaching a new subject, watch some 'how to do it: youtube.'

First off someone asked if I could do a clutch video so I tried. I am pretty sure I missed something along the way . I am human and have way to much anxiety this was a big step for me trying to record me working. Comments good or bad welcome !

Good job buddy

I also need to start doing my engines a little differently. I have just been grabbing ahold of them picking them up onto my flat jack not good for a 3 time broken back. Lol
I had an extra hand and we used a flat jack to remove and then lifted it onto a solid dolly cart with wheels. Thought about using engine crane but not sure the valve cover could be used as-is with a lifting plate bracket like an automobile engine? Getting it on a engine stand so you can easily rotate the engine would be a trick to do it solo. Otherwise, I guess just getting a nicer low profile jack with large 4" saddle would work but still would be a pain to turn upside down on the dolly w/o someone helping.

I use a long floor jack with a wide saddle and some cribbing to lift and to locate the engine from the right side. A couple of driftpins and a long narrow prybar to locate the holes, and then one by one, slip in the engine mount bolts.

I've seen guys on lighter bikes lay the engine on its side and hoist the frame into place, then use smaller fasteners to get it somewhat aligned, and then upright w/the frame and engine.

I had an extra hand and we used a flat jack to remove and then lifted it onto a solid dolly cart with wheels. Thought about using engine crane but not sure the valve cover could be used as-is with a lifting plate bracket like an automobile engine? Getting it on a engine stand so you can easily rotate the engine would be a trick to do it solo. Otherwise, I guess just getting a nicer low profile jack with large 4" saddle would work but still would be a pain to turn upside down on the dolly w/o someone helping.
I take them out while its up on the lift and then let the lift down and slide them over on to a cart . I roll them over to my other lift and use it for a work bench when I'm doing transmissions . It's the getting them back up on the lift and flat jack by myself that gets me. I think im fixing to by one of them hydraulic lift carts and see if I can but it up to the flat jack and just drag it strait over .

Back