Gen 2 Comes Out On Top in a 5 Bike Comparison

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Itgoes

Reaction score
Article in last months Rapid Bikes magazine out of Australia. None of it's news to me, the Max is a hoot to ride.

Sorry about the format.....I bought a digital version of the magazine and this was the only way I could figure out to save it.....each page as an individual PDF. :ummm:

You can download the whole folder as a zip file to read or print.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jg7k87shygeaboe/12CNXuDZ9P

Thanks for downloading.

I am not really sure if thisbwas a real comparison or just some buddies riding around?

None of the bikes really matched each other except maybe the VFR AND FJ, BMW also I guess.

There was nothing to match the busa to. And the Bking and Vmax were probably decently matched I guess.

If I read past all the English wank, it was interesting. But how they compare some of them was interesting.

It was nice to get a different perspective from people that wouldnt ride some of these bikes normally.

For me still the echo of short fuel range is probably the only reason I dont have a gen 2 Vmax. Well that and price maybe.

The more I see modified gen 2's I would like one. Maybe I ll give it a couple more years when they dropped to $8000-9000 range and I can get it as a second fun bike.

Todd

I can verify the issue with the stock bars and vibrations on the B-King, it was the VERY FIRST mod I did after riding it for 50 miles. There's a product called "Vibranators", basically bar end plugs that kill the vibratioon, and it probably got rid of 95% of it, also an issue on the Busa's but easily fixed. I'm also wondering if the B-King in this comparison had the stock rev-limiter disabled? That's the only way it could have been considered "slower" than the new VMAX, and also the first mod almost EVERY new owner does! Stupid to make a bike like that, and 4th gear is the ONLY GEAR not rev-limited!

Back