Gen 2 Miles question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barca7453

Reaction score
Hi all
Just sold my gen 1 now looking out for a Cali legal gen 2. My question is how much does mileage matter? My choice is between 8k miles bike and 20k miles one. the price difference is quite significant, -3k cheaper for the higher miles one, I'm headed to the cheaper one but what are the prevailing thoughts?

2010 vs 2013 but similar condition, the 13 is nicer with the purple color, some spider webbing on the air scoops with clear coat coming off on the 2010,

My 2009 has 42K on it and it pulls just as hard as the day I got it.

The rest of it will be up to you in terms of money, tastes and availability. If some cosmetic flaws dont bother you for cheaper...go that route. If you want something nicer and newer and the cost doesnt bother you....hop on it. The fact that you have 2 to chose from is very telling in of itself.

When I bought mine....it popped up at a Yamaha dealer on trade. It was going for what people were getting privately. It had 5800 miles on it when I got it. Cause I havent seen one in this state before or since....I am very happy I moved on it when I did. Get what you like if you have the option. Miles are still low enough on both for you to enjoy.

Thanks all! I was wondering if miles makes a significant difference in the state of the transmission ... The cheaper one doesn't have paperwork for services done, is that something that really matters?

Hi all
Just sold my gen 1 now looking out for a Cali legal gen 2. My question is how much does mileage matter? My choice is between 8k miles bike and 20k miles one. the price difference is quite significant, -3k cheaper for the higher miles one, I'm headed to the cheaper one but what are the prevailing thoughts?
Hi
I got mine from Simi Vally California at 7 k and now at 15 k and it’s 2019 I think Mikes don’t matter as long as in good condition
Gk

Thanks all! I was wondering if miles makes a significant difference in the state of the transmission ... The cheaper one doesn't have paperwork for services done, is that something that really matters?

These transmissions are stronger than the Gen 1s. Still, beaten, anything can break. I ride hard and at 42K, I dont have any issues with my transmission.

Hi all
I just sold my 2009 with 59K miles. I was a one owner as I ordered in June 2008. At 50K miles I had the valve clearances checked. 100% in spec. No issues or concerns. My bike was getting better gas milesge, ran faster and even started better Bike had many upgrades down ie UFO catsass with tuner, MAB, MBA, Triple Threat, PCV, Nash Reflash and Brocks 4/1 just to name a few. Did fork seals at 8K miles under YES warranty. Bike does it all

Hi all
I would base my decision almost completely on what I plan to do with the bike. If it’s a keeper mileage is really not a concern with the vmax providing it’s in excellent shape. If you think you will sell it after another 10 thousand miles or so I’d probably go for the lower mileage one. If you add 10 k to the one with 20 on it your at 30,000 miles which is still nothing on a vmax but there are a lot of people that just prefer lower mileage when buying a bike that cost as much as these do.

Back