Gen II 2009 sale

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So what, I got a racing seat mounted on a Pratt & Whitney F135 jet engine, that can beat anything, once I figure out how to start it ........ what's that button for lol.

Unit cost F-35A: US$122 million (flyaway cost, 2011)
F-35B: US$150M (avg. cost, 2011)
F-35C: US$139.5M (avg. cost, 2011)
F-35A weapons system unit cost is US$183.5M (FY 2011)
Developed from Lockheed Martin X-35
Maximum speed: Mach 1.6+ (1,200 mph, 1,930 km/h) Tested to Mach 1.61.
Range: 1,200 nmi (2,220 km) on internal fuel
no mods needed and every one should get one of these babies
Now that is flying

One bike, one race, I'm not impressed, like I said, I've ridden both? Have you? Then your opinion is obviously biased, and trust me, if I really WANTED a new VMAX bad enough, I would buy one, I've got the money, but I value my money and don't throw it away, I want bang for the buck! The fact that you can buy UGLIER bikes for half their selling price is the issue to me. Read the graphs above and the truth will set you free, son.

Fixed for ya......................:whistlin:

Seriously, everyone that has a B-king loves them and they are FAST AS HELL! But even if you replace the exhaust, there is no fixing the headlight and tank/side covers.

It looks like a Transformer.......too bad it doesn't transform into something NOT ugly.:hihi:

This of course is just my opinion.......to each his own.

I have never ridden a B-King. And Facts are Facts yes... and if we are saying that what the writers in the magazine says are the Facts, then here are some facts even from the one's that like the "more tame B-King".

"As good as it is most of the time, Suzuki's challenger from planet Cybertron is a Hayabusa undressed for BotCon '09. But just as it was back in '85, there is only one V-Max: Heavyweight Champion of this or any other universe. "

"Personally, I prefer the B-King, because it feels more like a regular motorcycle. But if you're seriously considering buying one of these behemoths, that's probably the last thing you want."

"But if I had to pick one? I’d pick the BKing. - but, it’s hard to argue with the VMAX. It’s definitely the fastest motorcycle on the street from 0-100mph. ...Overall as a package I just like the feel of the B-King. "

"...there’s really no other bike like the VMAX. Where the B-King… it’s a niche motorcycle but there’s still other bikes that are kinda similar to it. The VMAX is an original - there’s no other motorcycle you can buy like it. So for me it’s without question: I’d pop the 18 grand for the VMAX. I love it. "

And like this guy says... "The drastic personality differences of each machine make the bike choose you on this one"

No doubt the BKing is a great bike, and more people would prob. buy it over the VMax because like the "Facts" state... it's more of a Regular Motorcycle.
The VMax is Oringal, One of A Kind... Just like it's owners.

I spoke w/Fred who is the BMW dealership owner today at the Dania Beach FL bike show. He said the guy who traded in the VMax was 74 y.o.! He got a BMW 1600 6 cyl. I have pics from the show but have not downloaded them yet. Probably 2500 people & 200 bikes in the show, another 600 riders showing-up, perhaps more. I was not counting, but did get some good pics. Lots of old competition bikes from the '50's/'60's, some older. I liked the Henderson 4 w/a nice partina of 60+ yrs. of use.

I sat on the new ZX14r and I would still take my 05 Max over it. There is more to me than being the fastest. I love my 05 and is the perfect combination for me, no doubt.

O

I've ridden both & raced both. Just like the Diavel, hp to weight suggests that the Diavel would be quicker in a drag contest. It's not, nor is the Bking. I did love riding the Bking. I think it's a really cool bike and was sad Suzuki dropped it from their lineup. That being said, I handed 2 different Bking's their ass, & I weigh over 260. The low end torque & gearing of the Vmax is the difference. Here's a video of my comparison of the 2. I ride both bikes in the video and you can clearly see the difference. the Bking struggles to gain speed with my big ass, but the Vmax is shitn & gitn.. ;) There's no replacement for displacement!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0uFdzD0Kjw

Love the lighter feel of the Bking & it's flickable, but no match for a Vmax in the 1/4 mile.. Nor is the Diavel. I would bet the Bking would best the Diavel tho.. by a nose..

never said stock, never said 240mph... Funny, one of the guys on the VMax weighs 240+....
But both Maxes, only have exhaust and PCV, and air box mods - Big Air....
yada yada yada, sounds like you are trying to defend your purchase not me.. you started it! HE HE
Sure you can mod anything to run faster, but none of those three bikes where that much different and the B-King got its ass handed to it... Get over it...

I don't need to claim to have great racing or flying experience to know the basics... Pound for pound the B-King would smack the VMax on a heart beat. Now we all know VMax riders love tinkering with their engine to get the most of it... thousands of dollars (from useless electronic gadgets to broken mechanical pieces). So on the mods department.. who knows. I would say that the first place is up for grabs.... the ZX14R will bitch slap Mr. Max and B-King anytime.

I love both bikes, and will have a 2nd generation VMAX as soon as I find one for 10K or less, eventually it will happen. Also, I've yet to see one magazine article or "shootout" comparison ANYWHERE that says the stock VMAX will beat the stock B-King in the quarter mile. The specs I listed from the magazine before aren't even that close. Regardless, they are both great bikes, and we are all lucky to own them! I can't keep my wheels on the ground in first or second gear, much like this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRWzgqyNmso

I love both bikes, and will have a 2nd generation VMAX as soon as I find one for 10K or less, eventually it will happen. Also, I've yet to see one magazine article or "shootout" comparison ANYWHERE that says the stock VMAX will beat the stock B-King in the quarter mile. The specs I listed from the magazine before aren't even that close. Regardless, they are both great bikes, and we are all lucky to own them! I can't keep my wheels on the ground in first or second gear, much like this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRWzgqyNmso

Texas... I respect your wisdom of clearly budgeting the value for a Gen2 Vmax! I wish I had done the same... instead like a fool I jumped on the marketing scheme for the 2009 and pre-ordered mine... that is life... The bike is definitely not worth the 2012 full MSRP...

you can view images of my bike here... http://www.vhmotorsports.com/product_zoom/vmax-csone/csone.html

I was fortunate to have Vance&Hines Racing Team use my bike to create a commercial prototype for the VMax CS-One. The V&H folks are the best at what they do... racing. The CS-One is a great product and I am proud to own one.

Cheers,
A~

power wheeling the quarter mile... too bad they give you shit for it... lol. all good bikes guys. ALL easy enough to turn one split second decision deadly. but still.... DROOOOOOLLLL........

Just be glad you have a choice and are able to make a choice. That's what's makes the world got round. You get to make your choice and then be proud you have it. There will always be someone offering that this one is faster than that one. I do not need to do 1000 miles an hour to be cool. I am happy to have what I have.

Here's another comparison from Motorcylist magazine:

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/roadtests/122_0903_suzuki_b_king_vs_star_v_max/viewall.html

Getting off the V-Max, the B-King is a joy to ride at the strip, mostly because it acts more like a big, fast motorcycle should when you pull the trigger. "The front gets light under heavy throttle," says Thomason, "but you can get your weight on top of it to help hold the wheel down. Catch third gear just right and the front end comes up. The Suzuki's clutch makes launching a bit easier, and all it takes is a blip of throttle between gears to make it shift. The transmission is way better. But weight is the biggest difference, along with a shorter wheelbase that shifts weight to the rear wheel for better grip at the start."
The B-King likes the same quick hand on the clutch, but more grip and less torque right off the bottom let Gene come off the line at 5000 rpm. Bottom line? Punting a 700-lb. motorcycle down the quarter-mile takes a balance of power and traction. The V-Max has plenty of the former, but on this track, on this day, it couldn't come up with enough of the latter, managing a 10.41-second best at 137.4 mph to the 'King's 10.13 at 139.31. More grip would likely shave upward of a half-second off those times, but it wouldn't change the order: Suzuki's B-King still rules the strip."

Read entire article here:

I've got less than 8K into my King, and it's got several nice enhancements. Two Brothers exhaust and tail tidy (what were they thinking with that stock exhaust?) TRE switch (disables the factory limiter), frame sliders, bar risers, custom plate mount, better windshield, vibranators (both Busa's and B-Kings are notorious for buzzy handlebars, the vibranators kills 90% of it). All in all, I think it's about the best bang for the buck out there. I still want a 2nd gen VMAX though, it will happen sooner or later. Here's some pics of mine, it's the faster black one, of course!

029.jpg

026.jpg

019.jpg

018.jpg

004.jpg

001.jpg

10.13 for that Bking? Bone stock my GenII Vmax ran back to back 10 flats, after running low 10's all night. Put a pipe on it, and removed governor it went 9.74 on a street tire & is documented here. Now they regularly go mid to low 9's with a reflash exhaust & a good rider. Add NOS you're in the 8's. Not bad for 670lb bike that's virtually maintenance free..
slips.jpg

Into the 9's with just an exhaust & Speed chip to remove governor..

maxrepair4.jpg

Wow!!!!!! What an awesome ride!!!! wholly crap! :punk::clapping:

Here's another comparison from Motorcylist magazine:

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/roadtests/122_0903_suzuki_b_king_vs_star_v_max/viewall.html

Getting off the V-Max, the B-King is a joy to ride at the strip, mostly because it acts more like a big, fast motorcycle should when you pull the trigger. "The front gets light under heavy throttle," says Thomason, "but you can get your weight on top of it to help hold the wheel down. Catch third gear just right and the front end comes up. The Suzuki's clutch makes launching a bit easier, and all it takes is a blip of throttle between gears to make it shift. The transmission is way better. But weight is the biggest difference, along with a shorter wheelbase that shifts weight to the rear wheel for better grip at the start."
The B-King likes the same quick hand on the clutch, but more grip and less torque right off the bottom let Gene come off the line at 5000 rpm. Bottom line? Punting a 700-lb. motorcycle down the quarter-mile takes a balance of power and traction. The V-Max has plenty of the former, but on this track, on this day, it couldn't come up with enough of the latter, managing a 10.41-second best at 137.4 mph to the 'King's 10.13 at 139.31. More grip would likely shave upward of a half-second off those times, but it wouldn't change the order: Suzuki's B-King still rules the strip."

Read entire article here:

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/r...king_vs_star_v_max/viewall.html#ixzz1ktjB8DRq

I've got less than 8K into my King, and it's got several nice enhancements. Two Brothers exhaust and tail tidy (what were they thinking with that stock exhaust?) TRE switch (disables the factory limiter), frame sliders, bar risers, custom plate mount, better windshield, vibranators (both Busa's and B-Kings are notorious for buzzy handlebars, the vibranators kills 90% of it). All in all, I think it's about the best bang for the buck out there. I still want a 2nd gen VMAX though, it will happen sooner or later. Here's some pics of mine, it's the faster black one, of course!

Last edited by a moderator:
Win or lose Im sure as hell going to have fun if I ever see one of those on the street, its not always the fastest bike, big heart and big balls go a long way!

I just posted that video because the guy has the same problem I do, keeping the front wheel on the ground! I wasn't "bragging" about a 10.3 or whatever it is he ran with his STOCK B-King! :biglaugh:

There are plenty of guys running low and mid 9's with modded B-Kings, like I said before, they are BOTH great bikes! Heck, I saw one the other day with a Twin Turbo on it, who knows how fast it would go, all it takes is time and money! Oh, here it is, I found it on eBay. I like the bike except for ONE THING. That GOD AWFUL front wheel? WTF was this guy thinking??? :ummm:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2008...8745546?pt=US_motorcycles&hash=item4161816a4a

ROTFLMAO... I guess it helps with those super speeds he runs on his $75,000 show bike...:ummm:

Almost looks like a bicycle at first glance.

You guys are cracking me up with the vmax vs. bking debate. 3 years later and its still going on....

It's all in good fun, they are both great bikes, pretty much equal in every area except one. PRICE! I can have 2 B-Kings for the price of 1 VMAX. Case closed, I WIN! :biglaugh:

Latest posts

Back