Gen ll Build

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmax_nc

Reaction score
I here someone's getting cam and head work done and maybe the crank on a Gen ll. Is it anyone on this fourm? Wonder what kind of numbers were gonna see.

Also, Paul did a turbo/supercharger/Nitrous, Chain conversion for a guy, that's pretty happy right about now.

Also, Paul did a turbo/supercharger/Nitrous, Chain conversion for a guy, that's pretty happy right about now.

Where is it? saw pics of one a few months ago but havent heard word of it on either forum:confused2:, you would think the owner would be showing that bad boy off:ummm: Does it run right? or is that..... it does run,right?

It runs, the last I heard, the factory reps were loving it. They're not really all that into forums.
I'll find out more this weekend, I'm going to give him a call to shoot the breeze.

It runs, the last I heard, the factory reps were loving it. They're not really all that into forums.
I'll find out more this weekend, I'm going to give him a call to shoot the breeze.

KJ ,

Sounds good.

I hate to sound like a hater but Paul built a bike for me a LONG time ago, cost me twice(yes twice) what he said it would, and I had alot of issues with it,I fixed some, John gainey @ PCW had to fix Some. And I think the only guy at the time that was happy with Paul C was Paul Beaumont from NH then Arizona I belive.

I hope he made that Gen II run well but its not as easy to get everything working right as a picthure may suggest it is.

I used to go to a Big biker thing,marcus dairy in danbury ct, every year for three years I saw the same MADMAX built bike, never had more then 100 miles from the last year.

tell your buddy I wish him well with his Gen II, I hope he's had better results then I did.

KJ ,

Sounds good.

I hate to sound like a hater but Paul built a bike for me a LONG time ago, cost me twice(yes twice) what he said it would, and I had alot of issues with it,I fixed some, John gainey @ PCW had to fix Some. And I think the only guy at the time that was happy with Paul C was Paul Beaumont from NH then Arizona I belive.

I hope he made that Gen II run well but its not as easy to get everything working right as a picthure may suggest it is.

I used to go to a Big biker thing,marcus dairy in danbury ct, every year for three years I saw the same MADMAX built bike, never had more then 100 miles from the last year.

tell your buddy I wish him well with his Gen II, I hope he's had better results then I did.

No worries, I've known Paul and Elizabeth for a couple of decades now. IMO, they're good people. He's called me out of the blue just to chit chat, and catch up. He's also done incredible work for me. I've seen several versions of Paul's personal bike, the big bore, the supercharged and the street turbo- 8.5 sec bike, he can pull off some nice builds.

I don't know who owns the gen II build. So I can't really call him a buddy :confused2:. There are a few things Paul is working on that I said I wouldn't pass on until I was given the Okay for :). It sucks being a one man operation, there is a lot of things to keep track of. But, IMO if you attract the attention of both Yamaha USA and Japan big wigs, you have something cooking.

Agreed! I still ware my MADMAX RACING jacket that I got with the build,and Paul has been doing it longer then anyone else.just didnt work out well for me.And yes Elizabeth alwayss made me feel wecome.

PCW got one, looking forward to see what one of these will be capable of doing.

Knowing John Gainey he won't be happy with just heads and cams. He told me a while back he was interested in bumping it to 2000CC's.
It will make over 250 Hp at the wheel for sure.

For the record. John and I are working together on the gen 2 engine project (that's my engine up there).

Sean

Agreed! I still ware my MADMAX RACING jacket that I got with the build,and Paul has been doing it longer then anyone else.just didnt work out well for me.And yes Elizabeth alwayss made me feel wecome.

Paul is a genius and an amazing machinist that isn't afraid to try anything.

His builds are not known to be dependable street bikes though.

That goes along with having a custom one off build though. His stuff is such low production you really can all it "experimental" and if you buy it you will be a beta tester.

I f you understand that and have some dough......he's the guy to go to if you want something extreme.

I wonder what Marcus is pondering. Let's see, 200 HP Gen 1. Now a 300 HP Gen 2 maybe?

No worries, I've known Paul and Elizabeth for a couple of decades now. IMO, they're good people. He's called me out of the blue just to chit chat, and catch up. He's also done incredible work for me. I've seen several versions of Paul's personal bike, the big bore, the supercharged and the street turbo- 8.5 sec bike, he can pull off some nice builds.

I don't know who owns the gen II build. So I can't really call him a buddy :confused2:. There are a few things Paul is working on that I said I wouldn't pass on until I was given the Okay for :). It sucks being a one man operation, there is a lot of things to keep track of. But, IMO if you attract the attention of both Yamaha USA and Japan big wigs, you have something cooking.
KJ, I've been trying to find stuff on you tube of that 2300cc big bore he did awhile back. Think he called it the "mountain motor"....can't find shit on that build....there used to be a link to a vid of it some time ago but it must have gotten yanked

I know mad max is suppose to have a supercharged gen 2 ready for sturgis i think its on his site suppose to make some big hp#s

KJ, I've been trying to find stuff on you tube of that 2300cc big bore he did awhile back. Think he called it the "mountain motor"....can't find shit on that build....there used to be a link to a vid of it some time ago but it must have gotten yanked

On madmax.com there are a few pictures and a sound bite of it. The motor had some issues with heating, so it's still a work in progress.

"To Much is NEVER enough"...
Well, with in reason...
I would love to have @ 250HP and 180 Tq to the ground but be just as docile as the bike is now...ummmmmmmm

Back