Getting to the front coils HELP!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cgswss

Reaction score
OK -problems when bike gets wet-assumed wires or boots-got parts today.

Took off seat and scoops, got to rear coils. Plugs look good, bad boot on left rear-was replacing it anyway. On right rear I see crack in coil. Remove coil and find cracks on top and bottom. Got ahold of sean, told me to silicon seal (but I will most likely Replace it later)

On to the front... I have rebuild whole engins in less time then I have spent on this! Clymer sz to remove electric panal did that, remove Manifold, remove main switch cover. Check! Remove tray mounting bolts (two per side) Check!

Remove air box- yeah already got that.

Slide electric tray rearward. (thats it--- Real simple) I think they left out a few things, because there is no way I can get at the coils with the tray moved (a few inches) to the rear. Aslo I don't think there is any way to do more without removing the Vboost servo.

I sure I'll never get all these wires plugged back in anyway- So I figure thats my next move.

So whats next to get at these coils... maybe remove the carbs, pull the motor, drop the forks, and remove the rear wheel? Maybe cut the frame?

OK I'm getting carried away

Are you trying to remove the coils or just get to them to change wires? To remove them you must take out the air box.

t'was just taking a few pictures while doing it - I'd been help so much by similar 'how-to's here I just felt I had to document!

I might document the fixing of a second gear soon, watch this space..

Back