Good art shops in NY?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaWarrior

Reaction score
Wondering if anybody knows a good place to get some custom script put on the side of my airbox cover, so someplace good with airbrush art. I did some googling and didn't really turn up anything in the capital district. Anyplace good, I'm willing to ride a bit to get something that looks nice.

I'm still in a bit of a toss-up as to what I want it to say. I kinda like "Cruise Missile", but I also thought about "Road Warrior", or even my username, "RaWarrior". In a gothic script, probably in a pale red to match my wheels. Nothing too bright, otherwise it'll clash with the paleish, pearly shade of silver my Max has.

I've never really given much thought to naming my bike but I saw a German site somebody posted here that had all their custom Max's with its "name" on the side of the airbox cover, I thought that looked really sharp.

i've thought about putting roman numerals for "1198" or "1200" on mine somewhere.

Actually, I think doing it in Japenese woudl be cooler.

I have a buddy with a vinyl cutter......if it is in bitmap(.bmp) format it can be e-mailed to him.........cut out in your choice of color.....and picked up or mailed....

I am sure someone closer to you has a vinyl cutter:confused2:

That's the problem with vinyl cutters, is they only do one color. I'm looking to get something with the depth and color of an airbrushed design. Plus, no matter how well done I just don't think a vinyl would look good.

There's some pretty sweet stuff on that Pastrana website. I filled out the "request a quote" form, I really have no idea how much this kind of stuff costs. I was guessing maybe a couple hundred just for two small graphics?

His shop is about 2 hours away from me, an easy ride.

This is a sign a buddy of mine made for me when I owned a liquor store. I'm thinking of having him do the spooky ol' guy and background, (minus lettering, of course), on my air box cover.

Attachments

• 100_1823.jpg
    100_1823.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 22
This is a sign a buddy of mine made for me when I owned a liquor store. I'm thinking of having him do the spooky ol' guy and background, (minus lettering, of course), on my air box cover.

whend u own a liquor store danny?

whend u own a liquor store danny?

Back in the late 90's....the name occured to me (late one night:biglaugh:), it seemed too good to waste so I found & bought a burned out liquor store, rebuilt it, and ran it for 5 years or so.
When I sold it I wouldn't leave the sign...that came with me!! :punk:

u do that during the underground tank inspection era?

Actually, I think doing it in Japenese woudl be cooler.
+1 Agree, I saw one in Roadbike mag circa early '04 from a Dan Squire out of Clay, N.Y. that got me more interested in modding mine. His belly pan was " never satisfied " in Japanese lettering. Thought that was cool, very approiate & imaginative. His was mostly black with a lot of european accessories on it which gave me some a lot of ideas for the c.f. '98

That's the problem with vinyl cutters, is they only do one color. I'm looking to get something with the depth and color of an airbrushed design. Plus, no matter how well done I just don't think a vinyl would look good.

There's some pretty sweet stuff on that Pastrana website. I filled out the "request a quote" form, I really have no idea how much this kind of stuff costs. I was guessing maybe a couple hundred just for two small graphics?

His shop is about 2 hours away from me, an easy ride.

If you want to come North of the border, I got my airbrushing and true flames done here Connery custom paintl

Attachments

• airbrush.jpg
    airbrush.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 13
  • truflame.jpg
    truflame.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 16
I got the reply, saying "of course" they do small jobs also and quoted about $500 for the design, prep/finish work, and the actual paint work. Little more than I was expecting, but I'm by no means shocked, and this Pastrana definitely seems to do top-notch work.

Here's another guy that does custom painting in NY. Around Christmas time I was at a local mall. There was one of those stores in the walkways, and they had custom painted items like, mailboxes, a few helmets, and some other things. The painting was very good. Mostly flame type work. I talked to the owner, and she said her friend painted the stuff for her, But he usually did custom paint for bikes. So I got a business card. I never spoke with him personally, but his work looked real good. Also the Items that I saw for sale were very reasonably priced. Being custom painted, I thought they would have charged more.
WWW.brentsadler.net
(585) 737-1656

Back