Good deal or not??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WarriorDog

Reaction score
Hello all, I've been a lurker here since last year. Thinking about a new bike for the wifey. Found a 2007 Black w/ red flames, 3300 miles, forward controls, (she wants them and she's short), small windscreen and backrest. The guy wants 9800 Nice bike in good shape. Will have the seat modded by BlueRidge Sportmax. May have to get some Progressive shocks to lower and slide the forks up in the trees a little for her. I've got a 02 Warrior and she comes off a Vulcan 800. She can't keep up with me and wants something that will smoke my azz.

If she's short she won't be able to reach the forward controls on the Max. I have a few friends around the 5'9" mark that couldn't reach mine comfortably to up shift.

Hello all, I've been a lurker here since last year. Thinking about a new bike for the wifey. Found a 2007 Black w/ red flames, 3300 miles, forward controls, (she wants them and she's short), small windscreen and backrest. The guy wants 9800 Nice bike in good shape. Will have the seat modded by BlueRidge Sportmax. May have to get some Progressive shocks to lower and slide the forks up in the trees a little for her. I've got a 02 Warrior and she comes off a Vulcan 800. She can't keep up with me and wants something that will smoke my azz.

She will beat your Warrior but a far cry from "Smoke your azz" She must be one hell of a woman to want to race a 600LB motorcycle even more the VMAX coming off a Vulcan 800.
Checkout cycletrader.com they are a large website that advertises motorcycles for sale. I am sure if you type in 2007 VMAX you will find plenty and what they are asking for. Remember this is a good time of the year to buy a motorcycle due to the season is half way in already and plaus the new models will be released in a few months.. Talk Deal Bid make a low ball deal.
How does she handle your warrior?

How does she handle your warrior?
She won't take the Warrior out, She thinks it's too heavy at 615 lbs. Says the seat's too wide for her short legs to balance it. Vulcan weighs 580. Not sure of the VMax weight. But it has a much more narrow seat. She's got over 10K under her belt over the past 8-9 years since she started to ride. She rode dirt bikes with me for a couple of years and I got here the 02 Vulcan new.

AS a point of reference, I picked up my stock (except for mirrors and turn signals) '99 Vmax with 1377 miles on the clock, looked showroom new, back in March of '04 for $6500. Owner was asking $7500.

Three '07's have gone through e bay recently, one had 324 miles guy started bidding at $7,000 and got no bids. Next one had 859 miles bidding went to $8100 and sold. Third '07 had 0 miles, brand new, guy started bidding at $9900 and got no bids.

$9800 with those miles seems high to me. You should be able to do quite a bit better than that.

danny

if she's afraid of 615 lbs with a low center of gravity, she'll be downright terrified to ride a 650+ lb motorcycle that carries it's weight higher in the chassis, crappier brakes, and forks as well as non-radial tires.

Sean

No thats not a good deal.

I bought mine new for 9300.00

8000.00 max is what I would pay

As a point of reference, I paid $8000 for an 06 in 07 with 1800 miles, bone stock.

As far as the max itself, all I can suggest is that she try to get a feel of one by atleast sitting or test riding one first. Then if she likes it, get a few suspension, seating and braking mods done and she'll be smokin you warrior ass :rofl_200:

Mike

Thanks fellas,
He also has a 2003 Flat black with silver stripes for 5500. We are going to take them both for a test ride next week. I've got another buddy that had a VMax and he has made a lot of suggestions to help get her feet touching the ground. That's my only fear is that she be able to touch. I feel confident she can handle the bike. She's not one to be over confident on bikes at all. She's very cautious unless the road is wide open.
She will NOT go across Deals Gap with me. But, she'll ride across the Cherohala every weekend if we went. She'll get up to the store and go inside and just wait till we come back through. She'll go out the south end down Hwy 28 past Fontana. But she won't go across the Gap. Go figure.

Thanks again for all your comments. Think the '07 is out and we'll keep looking.

Back