Got a weird issue with Kuryakyn running lights

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jby1999

Reaction score
Ok everything in tail hooked up fine. But if I put my front signals on the running lights the blinkers act as four ways. The signals are the bullet led Kuryakyn lights I have to load equalizers on as per Kuryakyn tech support still does it. I even put diodes in on each side to the blinker light on console still does it. So Idk where I got them maybe extracept I got the reflector marker lights for the radiator and tried to hook them up for more resistance and same issue. My next step is going to be to eliminate the from signals and see if the marker lights work on running and turn. Can't figure out why the turn/running lights up front wont work is there something I'm missing in vmax wiring?
Only mods to electrical system I have done are:
Direct ground from rr
Headlight power switch for starting current
Manual fan switch for traffic and tuning
And not that it matters nology hot wires

From what I've seen on this, there is back-feed through the indicator light. I can't remember what the fix is for sure, but if I come across it I'll let you know.

If the Kuryakyn diode kit is (Correctly) installed you will never be able to get a four way flashing situation. To test the theory try removing the bulb from the indicator in the center gauge cluster.

This still won't stop it from blinking at a very fast rate though. For that you need the load levelers (which I could never get to work worth a damn) or one of our universal relays.

Sean

I have two load equalizers my issue is I can get the tail and rear turns to work as running light and my dual element front lights which are also led either work as running or turn now both get a crazy blinking issue can take a video but its a pita only way to have turn signaled up front is to disable the run lights. And I installed diodes on bother wires going into turn signal light on dash

Back