Got my 73 Honda 450 running the other day...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You must be planning to do some painting soon, and fired-up your 'paint-shaker!':rofl_200:

First time I rode my friend's back when they were current production, when we stopped, I suggested he had either a broken motor mount or was missing a couple of motor mount bolts.

"Nah," he said, "that's how it is!"

It gave me a new appreciation for my Mach III.

I have a Kawi 440 parallel-twin I rescued, and it shakes far-less, but it has a balance shaft.

That CB450 Honda made from the mid 1960's was an amazing motor. The first real "Big-Bore" Japanese motorcycle, could spank a Triumph or BSA of the day, didn't leak - and was totally reliable.

We all know what is inside a cylinder head... Valves, and springs. We all know what a valve spring looks like, right? Honda rethought the whole idea of valve springs with the 450 motor - this bike used torsion bar springs rather than coil springs. Lighter, and really advanced for 1966!

Brilliant motor!

I have a customers 1975 supersport 750 w/ 4000 miles on it came as a basket case rebuilt carbs got her running Tuesday she purrs like a kitten . Great bikes in there day 111 mph top speed brochure says lol

Back