Gotta vent....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srk468

Reaction score
Ok this is probably one of the only places I feel kinda safe talking about this because I don't want to "give up my hand" here locally... Last week some asshole (or assholes) broke into my shop and stole a bunch of shit such as welders, plasma cutter, generator, cordless tools and a SHITLOAD of my car parts :bang head: Now that the bike is mostly done I was really looking forward to getting going on my 68 Cutlass drag car project again this winter but that's not gonna happen now because the insurance company is saying they aren't going to cover ANY of the car parts!! The car is a shell right now and there wasn't anything bolted to it and 99% of the stuff was still new in the box, I don't understand how they can do this to me??? It's bad enough that I have a goddamn $1000 deductible and now I just have to take it up the ass for thousands of dollars worth of parts I never even got to use?? I bought a new door with a deadbolt and I'm installing an alarm this weekend but I just can't recover from a loss like this... Those pricks better pray to god they don't try to unload any of my stuff locally (that's why I'm being quiet about it, only a select few of my gearhead buds even know so we can keep the element of surprise) because I've got plans for them if I find them... Sorry just had to vent...

They will try to unload it,what are the chances they have a cutlass. maybe not real local but to far away,keep your eyes open,local indoor swap meets,craigs list in surrounding areas,you know the drill. they're either looking to turn it quick for crack or for christmas gifts.

My son had his r6 stollen this past summer,we all thought it was gone for good but they found it and it really wasnt that Eff'd up.

Have you had any "new" business lately,maybe someone just scoping things out? Im very leary of "new" people in my shop,I've even asked friends WTF,dont bring anybody here that I dont know or that you wouldnt trust with your shit.

maybe have a bud from a few towns over place a wanted ad for cutlass parts in a week or so,Keep calm,dont let your emotions trip you up,you'll get em. best of luck!

Ok this is probably one of the only places I feel kinda safe talking about this because I don't want to "give up my hand" here locally... Last week some asshole (or assholes) broke into my shop and stole a bunch of shit such as welders, plasma cutter, generator, cordless tools and a SHITLOAD of my car parts :bang head: Now that the bike is mostly done I was really looking forward to getting going on my 68 Cutlass drag car project again this winter but that's not gonna happen now because the insurance company is saying they aren't going to cover ANY of the car parts!! The car is a shell right now and there wasn't anything bolted to it and 99% of the stuff was still new in the box, I don't understand how they can do this to me??? It's bad enough that I have a goddamn $1000 deductible and now I just have to take it up the ass for thousands of dollars worth of parts I never even got to use?? I bought a new door with a deadbolt and I'm installing an alarm this weekend but I just can't recover from a loss like this... Those pricks better pray to god they don't try to unload any of my stuff locally (that's why I'm being quiet about it, only a select few of my gearhead buds even know so we can keep the element of surprise) because I've got plans for them if I find them... Sorry just had to vent...

Sorry to hear of your loss. Take all of your insurance policies to an attorney for review and advice on how to proceed. They are some crafty bastards and sometimes you need one.

I agree with Rick be patient they will try to get rid of your stuff fast and cheap. eBay craigslist you should have all your buds keep checking these sites. It's either drug money or Christmas money. Either way you will find them. Then it's ass whopping time!!!!
Good luck I hope you catch the bastards.

They didn't take any Oldsmobile specific parts though, Holley carb that'll bolt to anything, Magnaflow fuel pump kit with regulator, NOS big shot plate kit along with my SEVEN spare bottles (been acquiring them for about 13 years now) my torque converter (can be used in any GM turbo transmission) all of my autometer gauges, electric fans, ect... It was all universal racecar parts so it was someone who knows cars for sure... I've been watching CL and so have my close friends looking for these pricks, hoping something turns up... I can'r afford to start from scratch :bang head:

Sorry to hear of your loss. Take all of your insurance policies to an attorney for review and advice on how to proceed. They are some crafty bastards and sometimes you need one.

I'm going to get a hard copy of my policy tomorrow from my agent with my signature on it and do some studying from there, don't really want to involve an attorney but just can't take it up the ass for over $6000 in car parts either...

If what they are saying is correct though you guys might want to check your policies because I know I'm not the only one here with car parts and bike parts in their garage.. I am kinda lucky they never went into my house, I'd be really freaking out if the bastards got my guns... Probably a good thing my 2lb nitrous bottles for my bike were still behind the seat in my S10 from the last time I tried to go racing or the asshats probably would have taken them too, at least they didn't mess with the bike any...

Been alot of breakins local to me latley too,I mean REAL close, And I hav'nt been in the best frame of mind lately,I hear somthing go bump in the night,I WILL SHOOT THEM, nobodys intittled to my shit untill I die!

My personal opinion... The go fast goodies were not mounted on your car so they are still your personal property (and would be covered). The problem is it would cost a bunch to fight it. It may not do any good, but I would contact what ever agency in your state covers insurance and make a complaint. I'd also write your congressmen and the papers and of course the BBB. Every complaint letter you write, send a copy to your insurance agent. If you can get their attention, you may be surprised what they will do in the interest of "public relations".

It has worked for me in the past, but most of the time it dosen't.

Totally sucks! The insurance company should cover your loss. Years ago my garage was broken into, and my kids dirt bike was stolen. Insurance company told me they would cover anything in the garage that didn't have an engine....those things have to have their own policy (with the exception of mowers). I would think if you can prove it was in there with receipts or something, they should have to pony up the replacement value!

Man I hate a fuckin' thief!! That really sucks! Good luck with getting some resolution, I hope it works out for you.

Even if some of these parts do show up for sale locally it's going to be difficult to prove they were your parts to begin with....that's if you go the legal route. There are other ways tho, just think your actions through, don't make it worse than it already is.

You have any part numbers from the parts that were taken? I can do a national database search on CL and make sure. This would save trying to search each city individually.

Even if some of these parts do show up for sale locally it's going to be difficult to prove they were your parts to begin with....that's if you go the legal route. There are other ways tho, just think your actions through, don't make it worse than it already is.

This is sad but VERY true. You could find all you parts up for sale on CL but unless you could prove, without a doubt, that those parts are yours, the police won't do a damn thing to help you.

You have any part numbers from the parts that were taken? I can do a national database search on CL and make sure. This would save trying to search each city individually.

I have part numbers but unfortunately no serial numbers, don't usually keep track of that stuff (never had to) but I damn sure will now. A buddy of mine's garage burnt down and they paid him for his... Something smells fishy here...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

I had a nice 1968 Charger RT stolen years ago. The cars back then were simple to start. The thief had his own ignition switch. I thought I'd never see that car again. It was hidden in a parking lot less than 1 miles from my house. The police never found it. Word got back to me from the locals. The car was ok. So, there is always a chance to get stuff back. Today, with all the selling options, an eye on E-bay and CL national are greata ideas.
Best of luck recovering everthing.

I've dealt with insurance companies quite a bit over the years. Enough complaints in the right places can make them reconsider their position.

When our Explorer was hit, I just kept driving it after they had appraised it as totaled. I refused to sign it over to them. Told the insurance company we had to find a suitable vehicle to replace it. Arguing with them over the value of the wrecked vehicle all along. Finally, after a couple weeks of this, they added over a thousand dollars to their offer and agreed to sell the vehicle back to me for $303.00 on a rebuldable title.

Go at the insurance company from as many angles as you can and I think you'll get action. They hate to pay out and won't until the balance of power turns to your favor.

Good Luck and Very Sorry there are so many Assholes in the world. I'd love to help correct that. Just need a 007 License and a little more ammo.

Dave

Totally sux Scott, I would call the Attorney General (Bill Schuette) Office and inquire as to Michigan's law regarding this.
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Lansing Office[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]G. Mennen Williams Building, 7th Floor
525 W. Ottawa St.
P.O. Box 30212
Lansing, MI 48909
Main Number (517) 373-1110
[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Facsimile (517) 373-3042[/FONT]

I would gather all your receipts, list of part numbers and costs, any friends statements corroborating what you had (maybe have them noterized?), photographs of parts/ car you were going to install parts on, title/ registration, and a timeline of your purchases.
I hope you catch these MF's but like Danny said don't a bad situation any worse.

All very good ideas guys, been kinda obsessed with the bike the last couple years and was in a long term relationship before that where the car wasn't a priority so I haven't messed with it in a long long time but it doesn't mean I just wanna take it up the ass for all the stuff that got stolen.. I'll try contacting the attorney general first and see about maybe getting a lawyer after that because its pretty obvious they aren't gonna budge on this.. Fuckin sucks....

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Back