HAC vs. Stock backrest

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonyg-5386

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have a stock sissybar with pad on my 96. My wife does not enjoy riding 2 up on the vmax. She says that the backrest keeps her too far away from me on the seat and she gets a lot of wind blast instead of me blocking most of it. Does anyone who has an HAC setup know if the HAC backrest is a little more forward than the stock one? From the pic on the HAC website it appears to be. Also, is the HAC one a little less angled back when mounted? Simply put I would like to feel my wifes ample boobage on my back whilst riding. Thanks.

Good idea. Thanks. I could get or make another pad and use velcro or even a bungee cord to make it easy on easy off.

My HAC is also set back at an angle, passenger needs to lean back into it. I can put an angle meter on the pad if you like?

Bill

I also have the stock sissybar and the one and only time my wife went for a ride with me she got a lot of wind blast due to the seat height difference. I'm 6'2" and she's 5"6" and she still received a lot of wind blast to her head. I need to get her a full face helmet too if she's going to ride with me much.With the beenie style helmet she was wearing the wind was really pulling the chin strap hard at freeeway speed. The bungeed pad for a test sounds like a good idea and if she does a lot of riding with you maybe a quick disconnect wind screen for deflecting the air. I'm sure someone who's had both types of sissybars for comparison will chime in. Mike

I went ahead and put the meter on the padded backrest cushion itself, the HAC is about 19 to 20 degrees laid back.

you may want to look into the renntec ones, my girl likes it for the very reason yours says she doesn't. the renntec is a smaller pad but its much further forward and lower on the back..

Mock-up w/cardboard a simple extension to the backrest pad. Use a hot glue gun to make it & take it to a sheet metal or welding shop for fabrication. My bike is not w/me now to recommend a shape, but a simple channel would likely work. If you have welding capacity you could even enclose it for a small storage space. Or, use some hole saws to give it the perforated, 'lightened' look.

just have her slide her butt backwards till it hits the backrest. and lean toward you.
thats what women do . when i have the backrest on. it keeps them from falling off.
they use the pad for around town riding only. but i like to not run the backrest. so she holds on tighter. so take your wife for a ride without the backrest. then put it back on she won't ever complain about it again.

" then put it back on she won't ever complain about it again"
Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!! I guess fear is a powerful factor!

I just went out and found a different wife that would fit my existing backrest :hippy biker:

Hi Guys,

I have a stock sissybar with pad on my 96. My wife does not enjoy riding 2 up on the vmax. She says that the backrest keeps her too far away from me on the seat and she gets a lot of wind blast instead of me blocking most of it. Does anyone who has an HAC setup know if the HAC backrest is a little more forward than the stock one? From the pic on the HAC website it appears to be. Also, is the HAC one a little less angled back when mounted? Simply put I would like to feel my wifes ample boobage on my back whilst riding. Thanks.

Got the same issue but will follow some of the advice given here.

Back