handlebars close to stock?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cool1442

Reaction score
Im sure this is an old question, but I'd appreciate some help please. Does anyone here know of a handlebar that is about the same bend as the stock Vmax bar but maybe a couple inches wider and maybe an inch higher? Of course I don't want to change cables and hoses, but just a little bit more width and height would really make a difference in a long haul. Im so anxious for some warm weather. Here in North Idaho, we had 101 inches of snow in 14 days...down to about 24 now but still three more months to go for riding time! Thanks for your help.

Im sure this is an old question, but I'd appreciate some help please. Does anyone here know of a handlebar that is about the same bend as the stock Vmax bar but maybe a couple inches wider and maybe an inch higher? Of course I don't want to change cables and hoses, but just a little bit more width and height would really make a difference in a long haul. Im so anxious for some warm weather. Here in North Idaho, we had 101 inches of snow in 14 days...down to about 24 now but still three more months to go for riding time! Thanks for your help.

Contact John at RMSportmax, I believe he sells bars that are wider than stock, but with the same bends. www.rmsportmax.com

we've also got a few different bars available too. There should be a thread or two with pics on them. Most like my superbike bar. About the same pullback as a drag bar but with some rise in them for better clearance on the tank.

Sean

we've also got a few different bars available too. There should be a thread or two with pics on them. Most like my superbike bar. About the same pullback as a drag bar but with some rise in them for better clearance on the tank.

Sean

I 2nd the superbike bars. I love them.
I also had the sportmax bars that were the same as the stock bars but wider, which are good if you want wider bars for better slow riding control.
But I definitely like the superbike bars better.

I went with Python's Max bars, which are just like stock but 2" wider. Love 'em...

Hey cool, these are mine that John at RMS put on. Although I cannot give you any feedback on them yet, this is a pic he sent with them installed. Maybe this is what your looking for. Good luck with your search.

Attachments

• IMG_0003.jpg
    IMG_0003.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0008.jpg
    IMG_0008.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 71
To me they look hoopty. I have those bars available too (less then John sells them for) but they are just too big. They do allow for more leverage though. To each his own.

Sean

Hey, that's cool. Everybody has different tastes. I am more of a function over form kind of gent but lucky for me I think they look great too. :punk:

Well I have always thought stock bars were too narrow, both the way they feel and how they look. I sold Yamahas for 7 years and that was one of my very first impressione on the first ones I put together... "who in hell put these little narrow bars on this bitchin' motorcycles?!" Plus Im a big guy, so it would just be more comfy for me. Anyhow thanks to all who gave me some input.

I got Triumph Tiger 650 bars on fleabay for just $35.

I love them. They are wider and a little higher / closer to you depending on how you adjust them. I did have to re-route some of the electrics and the clutch and brakes hoses, but they all fitted fine. Check out the pics in my garage to see how they look.

Here's the fleabay link for the kind I got: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Triu...ryZ35610QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Back