Has anyone ever tried custom sheetmetal manifolf w/4bb carb?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moperformance

Reaction score
This may be a Dumb-ass question. But has anyone ever adapted a small (390 cfm)Holley 4bb carb to a simple sheet metal manifold for a v max? I've done it to mostly BB mopars back in my racing days and it just seems like a natural for this v4.

Back in the late 70's, a man up in Fort Scott KS built one to fit on a 750 Honda engine, put it in a 200 series JD garden tractor and used it in parades and garden tractor pulls. It sounded awsome. Pulled like nothing else in it's class, but kept breaking the darn transaxles. He called it the "750 Super Deere".

Get a set of venture intake manifolds and you can get rid of the vboost crossover from Jay's setup altogether,
the whole system will sit a few inches lower too

$(KGrHqJ,!kwE9UziU4CQBPpDWdLPsQ~~60_12.JPG

Even the smallest 4 barrel is too large for this engine. There isn't enough vacuum signal and the range of RPM makes it a challenge. You can make it work at one end or the other of the RPM range.

Best bet is the 2 barrel and there used to be an intake that was custom cast for this exact conversion. This works better on larger engines (big bores) then the stock engine.

Sean

I've just read the Weber conversion and I think this is the route to try. The nice thing is that after rebuilding my current set up the bike wouldn't have to be down for long periods "cause" I can just switch systems.
Does anyone know what happened to the set up he was developing? I'm able to replicate it from scratch but it would save time to not have to.
Again, this is an amazing site, Thanks to all!

Bluejay sold the bike on ebay. sadly i think it ended up in australia. pretty shure he sold it as is with all the webber stuff.

Last edited:
after rebuilding the carbs and seeing what a perfect set up is. In hind sight when it's perfect (now that I know) there's nothing better. Now it's keeping it this way :)

Yes, the magnacharger setup uses the small 4bl but you could use a 2brl. Dale Walker had a cast intake with 2brl but it's been discontinued for years.

Sean

Latest posts

Back