Has anyone here tried one of these wheels yet?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ive looked at that as well. Wonder how much it would hurt the performance? I definitely like the better gas milage thing. I cant decide if i like the look of it or not. Wonder if the black version is powdercoated or painted. haha lots of questions, i as well would like to hear peoples opinions on this wheel.

ive looked at that as well. Wonder how much it would hurt the performance? I definitely like the better gas milage thing. I cant decide if i like the look of it or not. Wonder if the black version is powdercoated or painted. haha lots of questions, i as well would like to hear peoples opinions on this wheel.

Ask him how it is coated, he has already asked my questions.
Seems like a nice enough guy.

I bought his 17" wheel with the dunlop 208 190 tire for around $700. He is easy to deal with and the wheel looks great. The only part I didnt like was that I had to move the wheel and tire to the right about half an inch.

I bought his 17" wheel with the dunlop 208 190 tire for around $700. He is easy to deal with and the wheel looks great. The only part I didnt like was that I had to move the wheel and tire to the right about half an inch.

Got any pics? How much lighter is the 17" than the stocker? Did you have ot modify the swingarm at all to clear the 190?

Thanks

Jarrett

The tire is 190/50-17 and I had to move a washer to the other side of the wheel for the tire to fit. You can tell in the second pic that its offset some. I didnt get a chance to weigh it, Ill try to remember to when I take it off in the next couple of days.
DSC02306.jpg

DSC02307.jpg

Wow, now that I look at the pics the tire is way off center, looks like Im going to be modifying the swingarm some this weekend. If it can be done?

I'm really curious now. The "washer swap" that people have been doing for years involves a washer that is probably less than an 1/8" inch thick. Incidentally I've run a 180/70 ME880 on the stock rear rim before WITHOUT having to swap this washer.

Is this the washer you moved to the left side?

Also moving the wheel to the right a 1/2" would almost or come very close to disengaging the splines on the driven hub from the grooves on the drive hub.

The picture looks like it's been moved to the right ALOT more than the 1/8" washer would move it and makes me wonder if the wheel itself has a built in offset from centerline that could not be done away with even modifying the swingarm and putting the washer back where it started out at.

And to answer your question notching (and bracing) the swingarm is pretty easy if you know someone good at that sort of thing or several vendors do it for anywhere between $300-$700 based on whether you get it back raw, powdercoated or chromed.

Thanks for the pics, do you have any of the whole bike? I owuld like to see how the black wheel looks with the stock front.
I can notch the swingarm myself now while we are bracing it, was wonderign if it was necessary or not. I think I will now instead of moving the washer in an attempt to keep the wheel as centered as possible.

Thanks again.

Jarrett

I dont have any pics of the bike yet, its all tore apart. I was going to take the swingarm off to brace it and might as well notch it to. How big of a notch can I take out of the swingarm, or how far can I go before I get too close to the driveshaft? Its been about a year since I got the wheel but I think it came with some kind of big spacer that went between the wheel and the rear drive.

Thanks for the pics, do you have any of the whole bike? I owuld like to see how the black wheel looks with the stock front.
I can notch the swingarm myself now while we are bracing it, was wonderign if it was necessary or not. I think I will now instead of moving the washer in an attempt to keep the wheel as centered as possible.

Thanks again.

Jarrett
Just found an old pic.
0415061117.jpg

Are these from the guy only making rear wheels?I tried to talk him into making matching fronts too.I feel that it would help him to sell a lot more of them.

I wanted to bump this up as the guy has wheels on eBay again, both 17" and 18". Has anyone had one of the 18" wheels long enough to give a review. It has to be a lot heavier than the stock wheel. Any weight numbers? Is it just a bolt-on with no additional parts needed? Since I have a 97, how is the black finish? Is it powdercoat or paint? Any info would be helpful as I am looking for an 18" wheel. Thanks.

I wanted to bump this up as the guy has wheels on eBay again, both 17" and 18". Has anyone had one of the 18" wheels long enough to give a review. It has to be a lot heavier than the stock wheel. Any weight numbers? Is it just a bolt-on with no additional parts needed? Since I have a 97, how is the black finish? Is it powdercoat or paint? Any info would be helpful as I am looking for an 18" wheel. Thanks.
The 17" wheel I had was painted and not very good. Yes It goes on the exact same way the stock wheel does. The offset is in the wheel and the only way to get it centered, after you notch the swingarm for tire clearance, is to cut the middle out and reweld it. Mine was off by quite a bit.

That is soooo discouraging..... Guess there is no way to get around the high prices. Will have to wait on an 18" wheel till I win the lotto..

i bought the 17", all blk, and dont have any complaints:banana:
ROB06 - do you have a pic of the bike with the 17" wheel? Would love to see a pic of the whole bike to see how the front stock and back wheel look together

Mike

ROB06 - do you have a pic of the bike with the 17" wheel? Would love to see a pic of the whole bike to see how the front stock and back wheel look together

Mike
Mike , heres a couple that i just ran out a took, if you need a few daylight pics youll have to wait a day or two,let me know. hope this helps:thumbs up:

Attachments

• IMG_0955.jpg
    IMG_0955.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_0954.jpg
    IMG_0954.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 171
Back