Has your VMAX ever hurt you?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lankeeyankee

Reaction score
I was reading the thread about the driveshaft to the nuts.
Which brings me to VMAX inflicted injuries, not including mental pain.
I remember once I was lifting the back on my VMAX up by the grab rails to kick jack stands under the swingarm. As I was holding the bike up I took my left leg and tried sliding one of the stands under the swingarm, I felt something pop but it didnt hurt.:ummm::confused2:
I woke up the next morning to find my one nut the size of golfball, thinking to myself hmm :ummm:, I better goto the DR.
Turns out it was some fluid that enter in and filled up my one nad from strain.:stickyman:
After that I invested in a hydrualic jack. No longer 10ft tall and bullet proof.

I woke up the next morning to find my one nut the size of golfball,

I always thought owning a max made both nuts bigger:biglaugh: Ive tweeked by back trying slide it in to a corner on its center stand in my shed but never blown a nut, so to speak:rofl_200:

last week I was going to Garden City coming upon some railroad tracks meeting a semi and all of a sudden dirt clods came out from under truck as it crossed over tracks. I was doing about 70 and was right there. Knocked the crap out of my left arm,chest, and put a huge chip in my paint. I was pissed but never turned around. Man am I glad I was wearing my leathers and helmet though.
Ride on :):rocket bike:

BLEW A NUT, omfg im crying over here that is FUNNY

Robert you dropped your bike?

only thing ive done to hurt myself was getting smacked between the eyes by a huge june bug going about 100mph without safety glasses like an idiot

BOTH OF MY NUTS "ARE" THE SIZE OF GOLF BALLS, SO HOW WOULD I KNOW IF I WAS HURT ? "LOL" :rofl_200:

I lost some skin from the hot pipes when I was changing the oil, just 2 seconds after I said to myself - I better watch those pipes there fuk'n hot....yup no shit !

:ummm:

Ditto, I've got a big scar from a header burn on my leg. One of the very rare times I ever rode with shorts. I was taking a customer bike for a test run and his dale walker header bit me.

There are plenty of other times the bike has bit me too.

Sean

BLEW A NUT, omfg im crying over here that is FUNNY

Robert you dropped your bike?

only thing ive done to hurt myself was getting smacked between the eyes by a huge june bug going about 100mph without safety glasses like an idiot

Yeah. I was at Bulow's Camp Ground, during Biketoberfest. I had the bike on my car trailer. I was taking the Max off to have Morley put the seat on. While I was backing it off the trailer it leaned over to far away from me and my skinny lil ass couldn't hold it up, so over it went, right there on the trailer in front of everyone!
I felt like such a dork!
...Ohh well what ya gonna do :confused2:

DID THE SAME, THE FIRST TIME I CHANGED MY OIL ON MY MAX, LET IT GET GOOD & HOT , TAKE THE DRAINPLUG OUT, STARTED TO DROP IT, & YOU GUY'S KNOW WERE THIS IS GOING , WEN'T TO CATCH IT & STUCK THE UNDERSIDE OF MY WRIST RIGHT TO THE PIPE ! SKIN OFF & ALL, NOT TO BAD , IT ONLY HURT FOR A WEEK "LOL" :rofl_200:

rider foot ped got me in the calf a few times moving the bike around hurt like hell...also the peg at times catches my pant or chaps when pitting feet down felt like it was going over untill it unhooked

2 yrs ago.

Bought new throttle cables & SS brake, clutch lines.
Didn't do a routing check before my test drive.
Took a right, took a right, took a left, cables bound up, bike wouldnt turn, hit a curb, flipped me onto the sidewalk,
broke 2 ribs and fractured my shoulder blade.
I still blame the bike, that bitch. :hmmm: :whistlin:

She has hurt me emotionally several times, like the time I went to put a foot down in my kids' High School Parking lot, only to discover that there was a drain plate about a foot lower on the right side than the ground on the left. As she sank sloooooowly over and I could not hold her up and she lay softly down on the engine guards, my inner soul wept that she did not use some Yamaha Jedi powers to hold herself upright rather than let my skinny legs embarrass me.

But at least I did not have to worry about a golfball sized nut... nothin' is shrinkin' them up THAT much!

:punk:

My pride and perhaps my mental state, but that is all.

The day I installed the SuperTrapps I moved the Max to take some pictures. I moved it forward a little....just enough to push the kickstand back a little. Down it went, while running. It did go down slowly, with little damage. I picked it right back up as well. It wasn't that hard.

When I was changing the clutch I could not get that last BS clutch washer deal to release from the back of the basket. It was held in place firmly with oil. I also could not get anything under it to pry it up. So, I went in the house and removed the fridge holder with the biggest magnet, pried the magnet off and went back out. I was trying to use the magnet to get the washer up a bit, when it slipped from my hand. I heard it fall...and I could not find it. Now, there is a nice gap below the clutch basket where something could fall in to the tranny. I was certain this magnet had done just that and I was FREAKING OUT. I figured it would totally trash the tranny the first time I rode the bike, unless I could find it and get it out. After 15 minutes of yelling and pounding the ground with a rubber mallet...I found it in the clutch basket. I removed it, took it outside and chucked it as far as I could. :biglaugh:

Mike

2 yrs ago.

Bought new throttle cables & SS brake, clutch lines.
Didn't do a routing check before my test drive.
Took a right, took a right, took a left, cables bound up, bike wouldnt turn, hit a curb, flipped me onto the sidewalk,
broke 2 ribs and fractured my shoulder blade.
I still blame the bike, that bitch. :hmmm: :whistlin:

I'm glad your okay now, but I seriously busted out laughing.

I'm glad your okay now, but I seriously busted out laughing.

Shock kicks ass. I picked her up, drove it home with a bent to hell right bar.
Had a shot of Canadian Mist and some Motrin.
Passed out on the couch.
I was "denial laughing" most of the time.
Good times.

Back