HD Action cam

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NHVmaxpower

Reaction score
My wife was out shopping today & came home w/ a Emerson HD action cam for the bike. I was like wtf you buy that for must have cost n arm n a leg well she paid $39.99 for it. I'm thinking damn cheap so I do some research & reviews & to my suprize it's well worth the money. The reviews compared it to the go pro camera & there is not much diference in sound or picture quality but a huge diference in price. The go pro has more mega pixels other than that its about $200.00 more. It comes w/ a water proof case ,helmet mount & handlebar mount. I just mounted it & took 2 videos & it was clear as day & no wind noise at all very suprized. Just need to figure out how to mail & share the video link from my pc. Anyway if anyone wants one they have them at Big lots on sale for $39.99 I think it's well worth it for as much as I will be using it if I get a year or two from it I'll be happy . Just a cheap alternative to spending a couple hundred dollars for a go pro.

My wife was out shopping today & came home w/ a Emerson HD action cam for the bike. I was like wtf you buy that for must have cost n arm n a leg well she paid $39.99 for it. I'm thinking damn cheap so I do some research & reviews & to my suprize it's well worth the money. The reviews compared it to the go pro camera & there is not much diference in sound or picture quality but a huge diference in price. The go pro has more mega pixels other than that its about $200.00 more. It comes w/ a water proof case ,helmet mount & handlebar mount. I just mounted it & took 2 videos & it was clear as day & no wind noise at all very suprized. Just need to figure out how to mail & share the video link from my pc. Anyway if anyone wants one they have them at Big lots on sale for $39.99 I think it's well worth it for as much as I will be using it if I get a year or two from it I'll be happy . Just a cheap alternative to spending a couple hundred dollars for a go pro.

Looks like I'll be checking out big lots tomorrow! Thanks!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Now look what you started wayne!
Lol Bob for $40.00 can't beat it hell I would buy 3 & still not pay as much as a go pro. I just set mine to HD duhh much clearer video even tho it was real clear. My wife is picking 1 up for Kyle on her way home from work tommorow I guess I did start something hahaha. You guys should grab one while they last ...

Bought two, but can't find my microsd cards. I'll have to test it tomorrow. One will be a gift.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Bought two, but can't find my microsd cards. I'll have to test it tomorrow. One will be a gift.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Of all places, I got my microSD cards for my tablet at the local radio shack. They had the 32gb ones on sale for $27, they normally run about $25 more.
TigerDirect has them (32gb) for $18

Make sure you use a class 4 or 5 microSD, otherwise it may mess up the camera.

I'll probably go out to tiger direct, radio shack, something similar tomorrow. Camera is charging now anyway.

I would buy Class 10 to be sure the HD loads with no lag. I buy Class 10 for all my items that use SD/Micro SD cards. I have a camcorder, two digital cameras and two smart phones. With a high megapixel camera, you can shoot pictures much faster and don't have to wait on the download. Same for recorders, especially HD ones. Just my :twocents:. :biglaugh:

Of all places, I got my microSD cards for my tablet at the local radio shack. They had the 32gb ones on sale for $27, they normally run about $25 more.
TigerDirect has them (32gb) for $18

Make sure you use a class 4 or 5 microSD, otherwise it may mess up the camera.

I would buy Class 10 to be sure the HD loads with no lag. I buy Class 10 for all my items that use SD/Micro SD cards. I have a camcorder, two digital cameras and two smart phones. With a high megapixel camera, you can shoot pictures much faster and don't have to wait on the download. Same for recorders, especially HD ones. Just my :twocents:. :biglaugh:

+1, I searched for this and found it for more @ Amazon for $54 and after reading the reviews using anything faster than class 4/5 microSD (writes at 4/5 MB/s) may make the camera malfunction since it cannot handle the faster speeds. Usually most products in the same genre are backward compatible but here it doesn't seem to be in this case.

Last edited:
Class 10 would be overkill for a camera shooting 720. Only need to make the jump to class 10 when you want to write 1080 in real time (ie: on a go pro HD)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Thought it was a 1080p like the Go Pro since the title said HD. I know 720 is considered HD but I was thinking 1080..

Surprised it wouldn't handle Class 10 though. :ummm:

Picked up one of these today, I think it'll be just fine for making POV videos at the track and some street riding.. Can't wait to try it out!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1364602676233.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1364602676233.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 30
  • uploadfromtaptalk1364602690124.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1364602690124.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 33
Picked up one of these today, I think it'll be just fine for making POV videos at the track and some street riding.. Can't wait to try it out!

What brand/ what are the specs/ cost? :ummm: Inquiring minds want to know!:eusa_dance:
Never made it to Big Lots today but I did run across this Sony camera that I liked too. It is a bunch more money but not as much as a GoPro Black. Here is a link : http://www.amazon.com/Action-Video-Camera-Sony-HDR-AS15/dp/B0090EC5MS
Check out the reviews comparing it to the GoPro.

What brand/ what are the specs/ cost? :ummm: Inquiring minds want to know!:eusa_dance:
Never made it to Big Lots today but I did run across this Sony camera that I liked too. It is a bunch more money but not as much as a GoPro Black. Here is a link : http://www.amazon.com/Action-Video-Camera-Sony-HDR-AS15/dp/B0090EC5MS
Check out the reviews comparing it to the GoPro.

It's the Emerson HD action cam from Big Lots that is mentioned in this thread, I think it takes 720p and I had a spare class 4 32gig card laying around (it doesn't come with one and its required) and it says there is storage for over 5 hours of video! LOL I used the helmet mount (bicycle helmet, not meant for motorcycle) and used some 3M double sided tape and mounted it to my windshield.. Probably gonna redo it though by heating the mount and bending to the curvature of the windshield then retape it...

It's the Emerson HD action cam from Big Lots that is mentioned in this thread, I think it takes 720p and I had a spare class 4 32gig card laying around (it doesn't come with one and its required) and it says there is storage for over 5 hours of video! LOL I used the helmet mount (bicycle helmet, not meant for motorcycle) and used some 3M double sided tape and mounted it to my windshield.. Probably gonna redo it though by heating the mount and bending to the curvature of the windshield then retape it...

Oh damn, I shoulda figured!:bang head:

went looking for one at the local big lots last thursday, but they were sold out. luckily i was in orlando friday watching the bro test for his blackbelt and on the way home figured i'd look around o-town for one. after calling up five stores, i finally found one..the last one at that i might add. my question to y'all: how are ya gonna mount it/them? the packaged mounting kit affords me only one possibility, the handle bars. i'm cheap and don't want to invest in every possible point-of-view like pashnit imagines: http://www.pashnit.com/product/gopro/gopro_mounting.html. (btw those setups have gotta provide some real sick vids. anyways...) i'm thinking just a suction cup base--being that it can provide me the most bang for the buck. ram offers one, but i was hoping to find one cheaper to maximize the bang-to-buck ratio. anyone got a source on a good inexpensive suction cup setup?

BTW, I read an Amazon review, in which the reviewer stated that he had trouble with Class 10 SDHCs. He goes on saying that after exchanging the first cam, he contacted Emerson, and that the company divulged the incompatibility with Class 10s and recommended that owners should stick with Class 4 or 5.

Back