headlight not working

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dreamster66

Reaction score
Do you know anything about the vmax wiring?
Coming home my headlight just up and quit....no lo or hi beam....no indicator either.
Fuse is ok....bulb is too.
Possibly the relay (s) and if so, do you know where they are and are they hard to get to?
Thanks for any help you might have.
Randy

Jiggle the starter button.It has a normally closed contact that opens while starting to put more power to the starter.A shot of wd40 can help or tear it apart and clean it good or replace.

WHOO HOOO..... that was the problem!
GOD...I spent 3 hrs last night tearing into everything and testing almost every wire....lol
Thank God its raining today, otherwise I'd be p*ssed not being able to ride!
ok....another quicky..... I have T-boost on mine (1985) .... installed from guy I bought it from.
You CAN turn the t-boost on while cruising....right?
Just wanted to make sure I dont mess anything up.
Thanks again guys....you guys ROCK!
Randy :band: :rocket bike:

Dreamster66 said:
WHOO HOOO..... that was the problem!
GOD...I spent 3 hrs last night tearing into everything and testing almost every wire....lol
Thank God its raining today, otherwise I'd be p*ssed not being able to ride!
ok....another quicky..... I have T-boost on mine (1985) .... installed from guy I bought it from.
You CAN turn the t-boost on while cruising....right?
Just wanted to make sure I dont mess anything up.
Thanks again guys....you guys ROCK!
Randy :band: :rocket bike:

Yes you can turn the T-boost while cruising, I just do it below 3k but was thinking what if instead of an on/off switch I use a push button so it would act like a shot of nitrous:rocket bike:

Last edited:
Back