Headlight

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trent7276

Reaction score
Getting closer to getting a new headlight for the max.

Wanting to use an aftermarket headlight/bucket. Can you
tell me the size of the stock one? Thinking of 5 3/4 Headwinds Mariah
Bullet. Gives me the look I'm after. Any advice you have on mounting
aftermarket lights, electrical/voltage mods I need, or anything would
be appreciated!!

Trent

Getting closer to getting a new headlight for the max.

Wanting to use an aftermarket headlight/bucket. Can you
tell me the size of the stock one? Thinking of 5 3/4 Headwinds Mariah
Bullet. Gives me the look I'm after. Any advice you have on mounting
aftermarket lights, electrical/voltage mods I need, or anything would
be appreciated!!

Trent

Electrically you shouldn't have to do anything, just use the stock wiring. I don't know what the new light looks like, so I don't know if you will need to do any mounting mods.

Shawn, are you asking for a pic of the Mariah?

1-5400s.jpg

It's a bottom mount. Any fabrication? Also, the stock one seems shallower, so any problem you think with the fit?

Is the stock the same size? 5 3/4"?

Thanks!

Trent

I am still going to put this headlight on mine but not till after the flatslides are on and running.

Attachments

• acerbis.jpg
    acerbis.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 50
Shawn, are you asking for a pic of the Mariah?

1-5400s.jpg

It's a bottom mount. Any fabrication? Also, the stock one seems shallower, so any problem you think with the fit?

Is the stock the same size? 5 3/4"?

Thanks!

Trent
Trent,The stock one is 5 3/4".I just measured mine.I think that light will look nice on your max.It shouldn't be too hard to mount.

I haven't had my headlight off yet, do you think I'll run into any problems with space behind the lamp bucket? This one seems more pointed in the back and not as shallow as the originals I've seen on Ebay for reference.

Ok, the headwinds lamp may stick out too far from my analysis, so I've narrowed it down to this lamp from J&P cycles...and other places too.

Take a look at the mounting hardware on the bottom and tell me if you think I'll run into mounting problems with the VMAX.

Thanks!!

Trent

14_1_sbl.JPG

Ok, the headwinds lamp may stick out too far from my analysis, so I've narrowed it down to this lamp from J&P cycles...and other places too.

Take a look at the mounting hardware on the bottom and tell me if you think I'll run into mounting problems with the VMAX.

Thanks!!

Trent

How is the stock headlight held on? I'm not sure if it is a single bolt on the bottom like that one. If not, it should be easy to make a small bracket.

There is a bottom mounting bracket similar to the 2 that you have shown.The stock one also has a bolt high up in the back.

Latest posts

Back