heat on right peg

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sidwin

Reaction score
has anyone noticed that if you're riding on the highway for awhile that your right ankle gets awfully warm? i noticed that i have to move my foot away from the peg just slightly to prevent this from happening. The left peg is fine. is there any ducting i could do to prevent this?

Thanks,
Sid

This is where the Vboost comes into play. Crank on your throttle and you will increase the air movement across your foot. As the speeds increase, you wont even be thinking about your feet.

has anyone noticed that if you're riding on the highway for awhile that your right ankle gets awfully warm? i noticed that i have to move my foot away from the peg just slightly to prevent this from happening. The left peg is fine. is there any ducting i could do to prevent this?

Thanks,
Sid

I've been wondering the same thing, I have to keep my foot on the end of the right
peg also. It's not burning hot, just very uncomfortable. It doesn't seem right, but maybe it's normal, I just hope it's not the clutch or something worse getting cooked.

Your ankle is probably really close to the clutch housing that is all. Remember oil is circulating across the clutch so the housing will be hot. You also have a header that is right there next to your leg which will cause some heat. I wear boots and never have noticed it being too hot, but if you are riding in running shoes etc. where your ankle is exposed I can see where you might.

Your ankle is probably really close to the clutch housing that is all. Remember oil is circulating across the clutch so the housing will be hot. You also have a header that is right there next to your leg which will cause some heat. I wear boots and never have noticed it being too hot, but if you are riding in running shoes etc. where your ankle is exposed I can see where you might.

Makes sense, I don't know about "sidwin's" case, but it might be time to invest in better boots. Out of curiosity, is it even possible for a slipping clutch to heat up the cover?

Makes sense, I don't know about "sidwin's" case, but it might be time to invest in better boots. Out of curiosity, is it even possible for a slipping clutch to heat up the cover?

Not that I am aware of. The engine oil is constantly circulating when the engine is running and there are other areas of the engine that get a lot hotter than a slipping clutch would.

This is where the Vboost comes into play. Crank on your throttle and you will increase the air movement across your foot. As the speeds increase, you wont even be thinking about your feet.

+1 Right wrist action helps with cooling ! :clapping:

when i'm not braking my ball of my foot is usually on the pegs, so my ankle is near the frame.

My boots have inner & outter ankle armour and I never feel the heat. Most likely your ankle touching the clutch cover is causing it.

If you're wearing flip-flops, don't worry about the heat....it's insignificant compared to the other issues you're facing! :rofl_200:

i'm wearing both joe rocket and icon boots. i have to keep my foot on the edge of the peg. I rather keep everything tucked towards the frame and on the right foot by doing so allows me to always have the ball of my foot on the brake peg.

yamaha did such a good job with this bike with all the shielding for all the spark plugs i'm surprised they forgot about this....

Running stock exhaust you will get the heat on your right ankle. the heat is not near as bad with my UFO pipes

Good observation about stock pipes..I've got Marks and don't notice any heat (have no heat shields around pipes as well) around ankles

I've been running both OEM pipes and Supertrapps and Jardines slip-ons in the heat of Florida, and haven't notice any right-foot heat issues - just whole body sweating experience!

Then again, I do always wear boots on the bike - just normal leather harley-type bike boots.

I've been riding my stocker for 25 years now and don't ever remember an instance where I took enough heat on either ankle to even notice it.

I don't even own a pair of riding boots. No problems here. But I did lose my right flip flop at a right hand turn at a stop sign one time. It was OK though, as all the cars behind me managed to straddle it until I got back to pick it up. :biglaugh:

NO MORE FLIP FLOPS FOR ME AFTER THAT EMBARRASSING MOMENT! I now wear sandals. :clapping:

I've been riding my stocker for 25 years now and don't ever remember an instance where I took enough heat on either ankle to even notice it.

I don't even own a pair of riding boots. No problems here. But I did lose my right flip flop at a right hand turn at a stop sign one time. It was OK though, as all the cars behind me managed to straddle it until I got back to pick it up. :biglaugh:

NO MORE FLIP FLOPS FOR ME AFTER THAT EMBARRASSING MOMENT! I now wear sandals. :clapping:
:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Ah hemmm......I'm grinning too, but this is a TRUE STORY.

I confess, I'm a bit of a fair weather rider, and 99% of the miles I put on the bike are within a 200 mile radius of my home - or where ever the trailer gets parked. If I ain't comfy, I ain't usually riding, and boots and kevlar are not comfy for me. If it weren't for Missouri requiring it, I would seldom wear a helmet either.

Just saying... :biglaugh:

I hope I won't be banished from this board now that my secret is out.

Latest posts

Back