Heatless Habanero Pepper

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kronx

Reaction score
I can't say I've every had a Habanero pepper, because of the heat. I do love the cayenne pepper flavor. What I have them in, is more of a meduim heat. I make Kettle Corn, like at the fairs. I made it regular, then added cayenne pepper seasoning. It was good stuff.

We love to make zippy dishes and often take shots at dishes from countries other than USA. We love the heat but I'll have to admit that a way to reduce heat would be nice without compromising the integrity of the dish. Not everyone loves the heat as we do, then again the older I get the higher the price after enjoying such a meal. Maybe we'll see some eventually that are mild like jalapeno, imagine the possibilities.

Yea, science rocks! :worthy:

I like most of the spicy/ hot varieties of peppers, but we have a limited selection around here. It seems that a lot of locals cannot even handle the garden variety jalapeno! Some people just cannot handle the spicy hot flavors of a good pepper so the heatless variety probably would be good for these people.
Having lived in the south, Atlanta and New Orleans I gained an appreciation of the different spicy peppers and sauces, which was seemingly normal for the southern folks.

A number of years ago, some friends and I were at Killington, Vermont. Out for a nice dinner, I spotted this innocent looking little pepper on my salad. Stupidly, I ate it.... I went through the tortures of the dammed for the next hour. We seriously thought I was going to the emergency room. I have no food allergies that I know of, but this little pepper was hot enough to literally react with the lining of my throat and stomach. Then for a second round, the next day when nature called, I could have sworn I passed a razor blade....

Bah, never gonna touch my lips, lol. Ive spent too much time building the ability to eat ghost peppers to eat a heatless habanero, lol. I can see the upside to it though. But, if your get into a lil trouble and eat something thats too hot to handle, chewable tums or apple cider vinegar work tbe best at neutralizing the heat. The tums you have to keep munching for awhile but usually a double shot of the vinegar will take care of things.

Bah, never gonna touch my lips, lol. Ive spent too much time building the ability to eat ghost peppers to eat a heatless habanero, lol. I can see the upside to it though. But, if your get into a lil trouble and eat something thats too hot to handle, chewable tums or apple cider vinegar work tbe best at neutralizing the heat. The tums you have to keep munching for awhile but usually a double shot of the vinegar will take care of things.

Same here, 30 years of heat means I'm not giving it up now. What I think of as flavorful, my wife thinks of as very hot, others think it's some nuclear device gone off.

Texas A&M came up with a TAM Jalapeno - all the flavor, none of the heat - and I found it lacking. To me it's like non-alcoholic beer: kinda missing the point.

But I know some people who's systems just CAN'T handle the heat but like good flavor. If it in any way helps with more flavors and choices in heat, I'm all for it!

The sauces I keep in my office drawer for whatever I have for lunch:
11viq8o.jpg

Oh the hot sauce gauntlet has been thrown down! Here's my current crop... the one without the label is Blaire's 2am Reserve.

Attachments

• hotsauce.jpg
    hotsauce.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 8
What we need to do is gather everyone up that denounced heatless peppers, and have a fucking cookout. It would be an unforgettable weekend for sure.

How else to separate the normal men from the men with serious GI issues?

:clapping:

Latest posts

Back