helicopter in steeple lifting accident

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy shit! The ground guy jumped up to catch the cable and pulled it right into the rotors!

More'n one guy there that's lucky to be going home for supper!

WOW.

That operation turned to shit in a hurry.
The pilot nearly got yanked right out of the cockpit when the helo went sideways.

Seriously though....how did they not see that coming? One end of the cable hooked to the chopper, one end hooked waaaaaaaay up above the chopper.

Holy shit! The ground guy jumped up to catch the cable and pulled it right into the rotors!

It took a second view to notice the guy your talking about. I didn't catch it the first time. That little mistake cause a hell of a lot of trouble. Everybody there got damn lucky!

The way the guys on the ground run right in to help the pilot was awesome not once taking into consideration the remains of the helo could have exploded,lots of fuel and potential for fire.Seeing people put others lives ahead of there own makes me think there is hope for the human race after all.Good job guys.

Oops!

Last substation I was at another company was "reconductoring" some transmission lines leaving there. Worked the shit out of their helicopters ferrying men, material, tools and equipment to the top of the towers.

Not ONCE did I see them attach anything to the lift cable until the helicopter was overhead and the lift cable was straight down.

I think there's a reason for that.

Logistics of that one in the video being what they were I understand them attaching it beforehand but.....

....Damn, I bet the guy that thought they needed a LONGER lift cable wishes he would have INSISTED they use a longer lift cable, the geometry of that situation created that problem and laid a big trap just waiting to be sprung. I wouldn't blame the guy on the ground, he just stepped into the trap some penny pinching cheap bastard set for him.

Oops!

Last substation I was at another company was "reconductoring" some transmission lines leaving there. Worked the shit out of their helicopters ferrying men, material, tools and equipment to the top of the towers.

Not ONCE did I see them attach anything to the lift cable until the helicopter was overhead and the lift cable was straight down.

I think there's a reason for that.

Logistics of that one in the video being what they were I understand them attaching it beforehand but.....

....Damn, I bet the guy that thought they needed a LONGER lift cable wishes he would have INSISTED they use a longer lift cable, the geometry of that situation created that problem and laid a big trap just waiting to be sprung. I wouldn't blame the guy on the ground, he just stepped into the trap some penny pinching cheap bastard set for him.

Totally agree Rusty, trouble is that natural tendency for poop to flow downhill will play a major roll in the outcome of this situation I'm betting!

Back