Hello All Money No Object

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RagingMain

Reaction score
How is everyone? Well I hope
I have been fortunate enough to pick up a new to me '86 Max and the original engine that is in need of rebuild. I have been searching the forum for some sort of list of aftermarket parts/upgrades to perform. Really havent had much luck. I am hoping/asking nicely if you all might help. I do understand it is going to be a lot of opinions but what I am looking for is the best bang for the buck in power and longevity. I am going to take my time and do it right and do it right the first time. I am talking about everything from Pistons and rods to changing out the useless first gear and a better cruising 5th gear. Of course I am looking to make ridiculous amounts of power :punk:

I do appreciate all help in advance and if anyone is interested I will keep you all updated on the project.

Cheers:cheers:

Welcome! I'm kinda new here too (as far as owning a vmax that is), and won't be much help mechanically, but will deffinetely be interested in seeing pics and hearing about your mods.:punk: So welcome, and I'm sure you'll be impressed with the personalities and the knowlege base of the members of this forum.

Bumpity bump :eusa_dance:

Ok so maybe no advice as to what to use. Can anyone tell me who/what to stay away from, that would be a cool start. :punk:

I have an awesome place to rebuild this motor all winter long and would love to start collecting parts over the next few weeks and have the bike ready for the spring.

Thanks again guys for any help at all.
Cheers :cheers:
Fargo

How is everyone? Well I hope
I have been fortunate enough to pick up a new to me '86 Max and the original engine that is in need of rebuild. I have been searching the forum for some sort of list of aftermarket parts/upgrades to perform. Really havent had much luck. I am hoping/asking nicely if you all might help. I do understand it is going to be a lot of opinions but what I am looking for is the best bang for the buck in power and longevity. I am going to take my time and do it right and do it right the first time. I am talking about everything from Pistons and rods to changing out the useless first gear and a better cruising 5th gear. Of course I am looking to make ridiculous amounts of power :punk:

I do appreciate all help in advance and if anyone is interested I will keep you all updated on the project.

Cheers:cheers:

Start by looking here: http://www.pcwracing.net/page10.htm

and here: http://www.vmaxforum.net/local_links.php?catid=1

the sky is the limit.

:cheers:

Neil

I've got a few engines on hand that I will be selling that are chain driven (a few can be converted back easily). Also have new and used performance parts. We can do everything from simple rebuilds to big bore engines.

If money is no object I have a 1570 longrod engine that was going 8.30's and am told they weren't even pushing it hard. They figured it had a seven in it still. Of course power like that (over 200rwhp) isn't cheap either.

Sean Morley
[email protected]

Back