Hello Everyone !!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blitchj

Reaction score
I have bought my first V Max ! its a 1993 Yellow in color. It has a K and N air filter, stage 1 jet kit, 3 pos V Boost switch, and stock pipes. I have it stripped down for Mr. Max's First ever bath ! LOL and that will begin our Quest for perfection. I have junked the old pipes,,,and looking for some slip on s/ also I have GOT TO have a BIG Autometer Tack !!! I flew from Ga to Memphis Tenn. to buy this yellow monster and rode it home on the 500 mile trip. I ran out of gas only 1 time !! LOL and that was because the original owner said he could get 160 miles out of a tank of gas!! I only got 111 miles and Boggggggggg,,,,,,, but thanks to a GOOD KID in Alabama,, it was only a 30 min. episode!!! I now hunt fuel at 70 miles!!!! I am 53 years old and was born with a bike between my legs.....I have had many scooters,,,from Harleys to GSXRs,,,,but the MAX is a first for me,,,I rode the first 300 miles home in the RAIN,,,after that, I started to get a feel for the V 4.....All I can say is FUN! I will probablly ask some dumb questions along the way,,I appologize in advance!!! And Thanks for V Max forum ! Jim

Welcome and ask away!

'93 wasn't yellow so someone either changed skins or painted it.

Pics ARE required!

Cheers,
Chris

welcome jim. def pics would be nice

for all your oem parts check out the vmf links for mondack... for all interesting additions talk to morley!

I Looked at a LOT of V Maxs before I bought this one,,, It will take me a while to settle down !!! And figure out everything as the dust settles.. LOL I have to get a tag for the bike today.

Jim, welcome to the brotherhood and the best damn forum on the net!:punk:
If you cannot find your answer with a search, ask away with the questions we will get you the right answer or at least have some fun figuring it out! :thumbs up:

They're getting shoved into a moderation que and I approve them. We've had issues lately with people.

You should see them now!

Buster (site owner) will grant you access shortly.

Chris

They're getting shoved into a moderation que and I approve them. We've had issues lately with people.

You should see them now!

Buster (site owner) will grant you access shortly.

Chris

quick posts have to be approved now?

No! New peoples posts have to be approved...

Trying to keep the riffraff out of here... lol

Jim, welcome to the brotherhood and the best damn forum on the net!:punk:
If you cannot find your answer with a search, ask away with the questions we will get you the right answer or at least have some fun figuring it out! :thumbs up:

Will totally agree on this , these guys really know their shit . That makes a change as on some other sites the guys just know shit .
Welcome aboard . :punk:

Thanks Guys !!! I am cleaning the Max !! It already looks a 1000 percent better ~!
I have found only one oil leak, it is maybe 1 drip per 48 hrs. If the bike is warm when shut off. It appears to be around the shifter area, or the big drive-shaft Boot, cant tell yet. BUT the Max is super Clean now,,,,will look some more tomorrow. Jim

Nice looking bike! Also a very nice looking camaro you got there in the background. Did you throw that in there just to make me jealous?

Richard

Latest posts

Back