Help !!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

choctaw

Reaction score
I broke the Needle Jet retaining screw putting it back together,,,by the look of the brass there was just a little small spot holding it,,,,when it broke there was a little tiny spot that was shiny brass the rest was dull and corroded. Does anybody have this retaining screw that I can buy without me having to get robbed at my local stealership.:bang head::bang head::bang head:

Yep, they break pretty easy. Think I paid $4 for one at the stealer. Not in stock but had it in 2 days. Not really a high ticket item.

Carlock power sports is the only place within an hour drive and they want 20 bucks plus shipping,, thanks guys I'll give sean a shout,

Well I put this post up like 4 hours ago and have had good advice and help,,, I did call Sean and got it took care of,, thanks Sean ans thanks everyone else for the help ,, juat one more reason tgis thus best forum on the planet!!!:punk:

Thanks Sean, for the jet retaining screw,,,,after my carb rebuild ,,,,,Well let me start from the beginning.....I ran out of gas ....after putting fresh gas in it ran fine,,,,,parked it for 3 weeks without even starting it and when I did it run like shit and would not idle without the choke being on so I replaced the fuel filter and drained the fuel tank. So now it still runs the same. I then pull the carbs and really they are not as bad as I thought,,,I did not pull the A/F screw but did clean it really well from the access on the jet block but I did break the screw that started this thread ,,,once I got it ,I put everything back together and guess what it still runs the same ,,,,this is not my first carb rebuild on a Vmax,,,,,,any thoughts or ideas guys ?....Here are the symptoms
....won't idle without the choke on
....back firing through the carbs
....acts like it is not getting enough fuel at idle
....but does have plenty of power and feels and acts like it's getting a good flow of fuel all through the RPM range

Reason I mentioned the jet block is I had the same symptoms when the main bleed pipe had come loose and was falling down in front of the main jet, interrupting the fuel flow. Otherwise..... :confused2:

I did the exact same thing you're talking about. They do break very easy.

As a temporary fix I took an unused jet, a big one, and soldered the hole shut and put it in there.

Had to buy replacements from K&N in Oklahoma, don't remember how much but it wasn't much.

Thanks Sean, for the jet retaining screw,,,,after my carb rebuild ,,,,,Well let me start from the beginning.....I ran out of gas ....after putting fresh gas in it ran fine,,,,,parked it for 3 weeks without even starting it and when I did it run like shit and would not idle without the choke being on so I replaced the fuel filter and drained the fuel tank. So now it still runs the same. I then pull the carbs and really they are not as bad as I thought,,,I did not pull the A/F screw but did clean it really well from the access on the jet block but I did break the screw that started this thread ,,,once I got it ,I put everything back together and guess what it still runs the same ,,,,this is not my first carb rebuild on a Vmax,,,,,,any thoughts or ideas guys ?....Here are the symptoms
....won't idle without the choke on
....back firing through the carbs
....acts like it is not getting enough fuel at idle
....but does have plenty of power and feels and acts like it's getting a good flow of fuel all through the RPM range

Pilot fuel jet clogged, it's the super tiny one inside the jet block, has a 37.5 on it if it's stock. Hole is about the width of a hair, clogs very easy...

the pilot jet is in the jet block as noted. It must be removed to clean it. To get it out the jet block has to be removed (2 phillips screws and the big flat screw that you already broke). Then pull the two rubber plugs from the end. The pilot jet is down into the hole where the small plug came out of. Comes out with a small flat screwdriver.

Sean

The pilot jet is down into the hole where the small plug came out of. Comes out with a small flat screwdriver.

Sean

And be careful removing it. That one is ridiculously easy to damage or strip the screw slot. (Don't ask how I know this)

Thanks guys,,, I did pull the jet block and they were surprisingly clean,,, I. Mean it is possible. Like I said pull um again, I've had um off so many times since I bought the bike I'm getting pretty good at it

BUT, did you remove the rubber plugs and remove the tiny jet inside? The plugs also need to fit snugly in the hole.

Yes I did pull the plugs and removed the jets,,,,,but on the second pull I seen that I must over looked carb #2 because that little tiny human hair sized hole was clogged completely,,,not being complete and taking my time cost me more time by having to pull um again:bang head::bang head::bang head: But now she is running like a top!!!
A big thank you to all you guys ,,,you never fail to amaze me!!!:punk:
On another note I still have the A/F screw plugs in place and have never had to remove......

I hope all you guys have a great and Merry Christmas with you families!!!:clapping:

Back