Highbeam wants to stay on...?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VikingD

Reaction score
Riding home last night and the blue highbeam indicator light came on as soon as I started the bike. I flicked the switch a couple times and it went of. All the way home it kept flickering on and off. The headlight kept changing too. It seemed like it was trying to switch to highbeam. Anyone heard of this before? I suck at just about anything to do with auto mechanics (mostly to lazy) I can do anything that requires simple assembly or installation, but I am not that great at diagnosis. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Guess the first place I'd look is the handel bar switch and then trace the wires as far as you can. Switches do fail:damn angry: and wires do abrade or get crushed.:confused2:
Lew

It could be the contact in the switch is dirty. Take the lazy man approach first and spray some WD40 into it.

What the Fu(%!!!!!!...Headlight.

PROBLEM FIXED!!!!!
New lightbulb.

DW

Re: What the Fu(%!!!!!!...Headlight.

Ok, so was coming back from a motor cycle safety course last night and my previous problem with the headlight flickering between high and low beam without me touching it got worse. I was driving and all the sudden it started doing that again. The past couple days I havn't had a problem. This time it started flickering, then just went out, and wouldn't come back on. It was about 11:30 at night with not street lights on the highway 40 minutes from home. Bad deal.

I have tore into it tracing my wires.:bang head::bang head::bang head: I hate this shit! I can't see any outward signs of damage (burned wires, smashed wires etc.) There are some wires that have electrical tape on them, I dont know if they are suppose to but it doesn't seem like that is how they would come. the wire that comes from the switch goes down under the scoop and there is a connector there with lots of wires going into it. It is one of those ones that you squeeze and you can unplug it. I don't know what I should do now. I suck at this shit.
What are the chances that it is just the bulb? Right now I have no headlight but the highbeam indicator light is on all the time. How the hell do you get the headlight out to change/check the bulb? do you take the adjustment screws all the way out? I looked at the manual but it doesn't say a whole lot about the wireing. (I just found the diagram on how to change the bulb) Is there some type of headlight control module that might need to be replaced?
Someone with any Ideas, please help!
DW

Remove the phillips screws holding the chrome bezel on and the headlight and the bezel will come out as one... :thumbs up:

I pulled the stock bulb out straight away and used a Sylvania SilverStar.:coolgleamA:

The Max headlight still SUCKS! :bang head:

Remove the phillips screws holding the chrome bezel on and the headlight and the bezel will come out as one... :thumbs up:

I pulled the stock bulb out straight away and used a Sylvania SilverStar.:coolgleamA:

The Max headlight still SUCKS! :bang head:

Hey thanks. I actually just went and bought that same headlight bulb, and that is what the problem was. Guess I shoulda tried that first. LOL. :cheers:

apperently if one side of your bulb goes out it will shut the whole bulb off. I think my highbeam was going out and that is why it was flickering. I had my neighbor test the bulb with his voltage meter and he said one side of the bulb was dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back