holeshot vs marks

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kumate

Reaction score
hi all just purchaes a 02 vmax it has kn and dj stage one jet kit i have narrowed my exhaust choice to the holeshot or marks there both mild steel tubes and coated, the dales really looks sweet tucked up nice, marks says his crossover makes better torque , dale says all the testing he has done the crossover made zilch, and where he made alittle xtra is the cnc port spigots, dale has a dyno run of a stockbike with his pipe and jet kit 120hp 78lbs torq, marks no dyno on stock bike to compare, can anybody chime in as to pros and cons, they both sound good the marks sounds throatier, but i have never heard either in person

thanks in advance jerry

I personally like the DW system but the marks is top notch quality and he will make it to your specs (he will leave the crossover off if requested). Both have dyno tested very well as have the other systems. There has not been any significant difference between any of the available systems.

basically it boils down to price, availability, and which one you like the looks of the most.

Sean Morley

Thanks Sean i appreciate the info

While I am unsure how anyone gets a hold of Mark at Marks Exhaust... I can say that Dale won me over with his knowledge and the simple fact that he called me back and has been great to deal with even after the sale.

While his is expensive I can say it is a snap to install and fits nice and tight against the frame rails which made it easier for me to lower my bike and not worry about the dragging as many parts...:clapping: I also installed his jet kit which was also very easy to do. Time consuming but easy...

Here is a pic of it on my bike.

#1 and #2 is as I bought it from Dale and #3 is as I modified it over the winter. Of course in pic 3 the bike has been altered from stock a lot too. I was not a big fan of the flat ended cans that he supplies so I bought some slightly used cans from another site I belong to and installed. They are his cans but are designed for the SV1000 high mount. They bolted right on.

Good luck!

Attachments

• VMAX #2.jpg
    VMAX #2.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 152
  • VMAX #1.jpg
    VMAX #1.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 130
  • 100_2104.jpg
    100_2104.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 164
I love the black / red racing stripes / red striped wheel.
I'm inspired!

====================================================

While I am unsure how anyone gets a hold of Mark at Marks Exhaust... I can say that Dale won me over with his knowledge and the simple fact that he called me back and has been great to deal with even after the sale.

While his is expensive I can say it is a snap to install and fits nice and tight against the frame rails which made it easier for me to lower my bike and not worry about the dragging as many parts...:clapping: I also installed his jet kit which was also very easy to do. Time consuming but easy...

Here is a pic of it on my bike.

#1 and #2 is as I bought it from Dale and #3 is as I modified it over the winter. Of course in pic 3 the bike has been altered from stock a lot too. I was not a big fan of the flat ended cans that he supplies so I bought some slightly used cans from another site I belong to and installed. They are his cans but are designed for the SV1000 high mount. They bolted right on.

Good luck!
________
GM 60-Degree V6 engine specifications

Last edited:
Holeshots!!!! Just installed mine today, They are amazing, the build quality is incredible, when i got the box i opened it up everything was packed excellent, when i seen how nice the pipes, flanges, everything looked i was glad that was the purchase i made! Then once i got them on the bike and started it up :eusa_dance::punk: The holeshot are alittle pricey but worth every penny when you see how nice they are made, fit the bike, and sound you'll know you bought the right exhaust! I haven't got a chance to take it for a ride yet im really excited to see how the bike runs, i have the stage one kit from dale i didn't have time to install it yet so looking forward to getting that in and taking a rip.

I love the black / red racing stripes / red striped wheel.
I'm inspired!

====================================================

That's an old picture... You should see it now... It's in my gallery.

I have just low sided mine and my Walkers bit the dust. To replace the cans was going to cost me 650 bucks so I actually was able to get a hold of Marks and ordered his set for about 900 bucks.

Should look the bees knees.

Chris

4gasem, that bike looks fantastic! Including the exhaust! I didn't think I liked the sportbike type mufflers but that looks perfect! Any more pictures?

4gasem, that bike looks fantastic! Including the exhaust! I didn't think I liked the sportbike type mufflers but that looks perfect! Any more pictures?

Nope! I think that's all of them...

I DID love the look of it and will miss them. I am looking forward to the Marks sound. I know sound is subjective but to me Marks is the bomb!

I still can't believe I got a hold of him... :confused2:

I think Dales is no longer mild steel, he now stainless, i thought.

I think marks sounds better, you can look his up on youtude, there are a couple vids. his are lower,deeper and rumble more.

Also i like the option of being able to use your own cans, and i like marks cans more.

both are pretty much equal in power

Back