horrible sounds

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshn569

Reaction score
I finally got this bike running well enough to take it through the gears. Found that it has all the gears, but is making a nasty sound. Kind of sounds like its coming from the engine, output shaft maybe? or maybe splines on drive shaft. It happens when I get on it hard, or fast starts with quick clutch release. I made a short video hoping somebody would recognize the sound and know what it is. Trying to avoid engine removal and tear down until winter time, but this may make it sooner.

here is a video, at 0:56 you can hear it good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hj-qVrC1a6I&feature=plcp

Wish I could help you there but it doesnt sound good. I am sure one or a few of the other guys can help. I must say you got it running fast did you need to buy carbs or was it just all apart & needed to be put together?

Wish I could help you there but it doesnt sound good. I am sure one or a few of the other guys can help. I must say you got it running fast did you need to buy carbs or was it just all apart & needed to be put together?

I actually kind of bought this bike as a parts bike, I wanted the motor. It had no carbs, but everything else was there. I bought an 86 that was completely stripped down and had the frame powder coated. The bike was almost complete except the motor ( it was in boxes ). I was going to just ride the 85 until winter, then start building the 86, but that may not be happening :bang head:

Back