How do I attach these emblems?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EAGLEPI

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I got my 07 emblems, only took 6 days. I was assuming there would be something to peel off the back and then I would just stick them on the side covers but I see no film or papaer backing to peel off the back of these emblems.

Does anyone know how to stick these on the side covers?

emblem_front.jpg

emblem_back.jpg

Would appreciate any help....

Ron

Hit up your local autobody shop. 3M makes a great double sided tape for this. Others have had great success using epoxy.

The gray on the back is what sticks to the side cover, I just removed another set of emblems and I used a hair dryer to heat from the back and then used thin coated wire to seperate the emblem from the side cover.

I was told that if I ordered the Yamaha emblems new they came with the gule or tape already on them.. I know it is on them because it's the gray stuff on the back I just don't know how to get them to get sticky... Do I heat the back then put them on??

Has anyone both new emblems and put them on? or are you guys who answered just saying what you think would work???

Ron

They are supposed to have the tape on them. The ones I have ordered in the past have had it. Return them if they don't

Sean

I had to get the same new emblem when some idiot droped his bike into my 06. It came with the 2 sided tape from yamaha.

I had to get the same new emblem when some idiot droped his bike into my 06. It came with the 2 sided tape from yamaha.

The 07 don't come with doublesided tape but after looking closer there is a clear film that you can peel off the back and the gray is the sticky or glue based so you just stick them on....

Ron

Latest posts

Back