How do you bypass kickstand relay?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Either unhook/insulate the black wire or black/white wire coming from relay.

Mine bypassed it's self about 18 years ago. I bought a new one. One of these days when I have nothing else to do I'll fix it. Or not.

Yep, if coil side of relay has continuity then power side of
Relay is not so bike will run. What does your ohmmeter read
Between black & black/white wires?

I did the check via continuity check. It zero'd out, then upon putting test leads and juice to it, it still zero'd out. Therefore as stated by the book I HOPE DESPERATELY that THIS is why I can't get breath back out of my baby... I'll try nipping the wire and see what happens when I get the chance.

Thank you in advance!

Funny you mentioned this..my bike cut off mid ride last weekend..traced it to the sidestand relay which shorted. Can this also be bypassed (although i already ordered a new one)?

That's a bit more involved. You would solder the red/white and blue/yellow wires together and then do the fix as mentioned above. Just make sure you don't forget to get the sidestand up when you ride it.

I don't have a picture but it's fairly easy to find. It sits directly in front of the tray that the ignition box sits on. It fits in a small square-like rubber holster. Remove the left scoop and steering neck cover to see it.

I've got an '89. I am going to take some pictures tonight. I also have a connector that is missing a plug, don't know what I lost.

Could the wires to this little relay be some other colors? Maybe black with yellow tracer. I also have the red with white tracer and red with black tracer and a grey or light blue with a tracer color. I'm trying to pop the brass connector inside the connector but can't seem to find the release tab with my tiny screw driver. Anybody feel like posting up some pics? Please!
Also, anyone know where to get those colored wiring schematics sheets? The factory book is no help to me and my mechanic. I thought they were on eBay at one time. HELP...HELP!

Could the wires to this little relay be some other colors? Maybe black with yellow tracer. I also have the red with white tracer and red with black tracer and a grey or light blue with a tracer color. I'm trying to pop the brass connector inside the connector but can't seem to find the release tab with my tiny screw driver. Anybody feel like posting up some pics? Please!
Also, anyone know where to get those colored wiring schematics sheets? The factory book is no help to me and my mechanic. I thought they were on eBay at one time. HELP...HELP!
Do you mean the color wiring diagram in the clymer manual? I have the M375 edition/ copyright 2003.

The 90 and up also have them mark but they are shaped a little sharper and have black cpas compared to the blue.

Sean

Do any of you know if these wires are possibly a different color? I am seeing the red and red/ white tracer but my other two colors are black with a yellow tracer and the other is grey. Maybe light blue? It's a 1990 bike and down more than eight months with " no start" issue. Also, I've been trying like the dickens to pull one of the leads out of the connector to avoid cutting a wire. Anyone got a trick to release the end connector from it's housing? CaptnKyle has a cool set of tools just for that job I think. Thanks guys!

Back