How does the Democratic minority leader really feel

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That does sum up the current climate alright. But I can't imagine any Republican being surprised to see it after they did it for the last 8 years. I mean I can imagine it because America is in hyper-partisan/hypocrisy mode.

And the Dems complained about it for 8 years. So now I guess its the Republicans turn to complain about it. Hell in some cases Obama used that to his advantage. A few times when he wanted to kill a bill the Republicans were sponsoring, he simply put his support behind it. And as soon as he did the Republicans would literally kill their own legislation because he endorsed it. Proving Republicans were willing to shoot themselves in the face just out of spite for Obama.

Trump should do something similar. Dems are prime suckers for it. But that would require Trump to actually think two steps ahead. Something he doesn't seem to be capable of doing.

Speaking of being adamantly against "it", I read this after I saw this thread. Here is a group that is ferociously against free speech. Good read to go with a nice hot cup of micro-roasted Peru.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-california-ucberkeley-protests-idUSKBN15H1R5

In this particular case I don't feel pity for this Milo douchebag. I just can't feel pity or get upset when a guy whose built his fame on the back of being un-apologetically mean and provocative then he receives it back with interest.

Milo's product that he sells is meanness and provocation. If you swim in those waters then you're swimming with sharks and as soon as there is blood in the water a frenzy is going to start. This dude knows he's disliked among liberals. He knows UC Berkeley is a liberal bedrock and he knows he's not going to be well received there. When something like this happens he uses it to paint himself as a victim. Just like those liberals who went to the Trump rallies looking for trouble, finding it, getting punched and thrown out, and then claiming to be the victim. I don't feel any empathy for people who go poking hornets nest and cry when they get stung.

The dude is a Breitbart sweetheart, has a million dollar book deal, has a ton of YouTube videos and has his army of followers who love him. His 1st amendment rights are just fine.

The irony to me is that Milo has an army of internet trolls who've gone after many people on social media. Enjoying the anonymity of the internet to harass people. To issue death threats, call people cucks and snowflakes behind their anonymous social media accounts. And now they're on the receiving end of anonymous harassment and assault. But I'm sure the irony will escape them. I suppose I should feel bad that they couldn't call everyone at UC Berkeley cucks and snowflakes without getting punched, but I don't.

Reminds me of when I was in the Air Force and there was this dude from New York who thought it was really fun to call this guy from Kentucky "Jethro." Well Mr. Kentucky didn't like being called Jethro and asked nicely to stop it. Did Mr. New York stop? Nope. Called him Jethro all the time. Laughed about it. Then one night Mr. Kentucky had had enough. Flat out told Mr. New York point blank "Call me Jethro one more time, and I'm going to punch you." Mr. New York laughs and says "Oh no, Jethro is getting mad!" And then Mr. New York found himself on his ass with big lump forming on his forehead right between the eyes. A rope of blood quickly streaking down his face.

What was Mr. New Yorks response? "What did you do that for?" I learned at that moment that there is no shortage of stupid in this world. A man was presented with a simple condition: Say a specific word and you'll get punched. And it as simple as that was it was still beyond his understanding. Perhaps at that very moment his 1st amendment rights were infringed upon. But I don't care. IMO, he deserved that punch. And coincidentally he never called Mr. Kentucky Jethro again.

I said this in a different thread. Hate won the 2016 election. And hate is what we're going to get.

In this particular case I don't feel pity for this Milo douchebag. I just can't feel pity or get upset when a guy whose built his fame on the back of being un-apologetically mean and then he receives it back with interest.

Milo's product that he sells is meanness. If you swim in the waters of meanness then you're swimming with sharks and as soon as there is blood in the water a frenzy is going to start. This dude knows he's disliked, knows the places where he's not going to be received and then when something like this happens uses to paint himself as a victim. Just like those liberals who went to the Trump rallies looking for trouble, finding it, getting punched and thrown out, and then claiming to be the victim.

In this country speech is protected....even speech that we dont like. If people start going after speech that they dont like......eventually no one will be allowed to say anything....because someone somewhere will be offended.

If no one likes what milo has to say....then dont show up. If there are venues that no one shows up at, eventually people will get the hint, and no longer book him.

I do find it funny that Milo was not allowed to speak (by a group of people that defends free speech rights) because they dont like what he had to say. Just a bit hypocritical if you ask me.

I said this in a different thread. Hate won the 2016 election. And hate is what we're going to get.

In this particular case I don't feel pity for this Milo douchebag. I just can't feel pity or get upset when a guy whose built his fame on the back of being un-apologetically mean and then he receives it back with interest.

Milo's product that he sells is meanness. If you swim in the waters of meanness then you're swimming with sharks and as soon as there is blood in the water a frenzy is going to start. This dude knows he's disliked, knows the places where he's not going to be received and then when something like this happens uses to paint himself as a victim. Just like those liberals who went to the Trump rallies looking for trouble, finding it, getting punched and thrown out, and then claiming to be the victim.

With all due respect I think your missing the point. IMHO your right about this guy, I would not be in attendance. So why not just let the guy speak? Nobody has to attend, it's not mandatory, so why not just let a minuscule audience speak for itself? Why is it necessary to throw tantrums and destroy property until they get their way? Free speech is for everyone, not just those that we agree with. Sort of sad that the up and coming minds are so narrow and closed. The intolerance demonstrated by these liberals it noteworthy to all.

With all due respect I think your missing the point. IMHO your right about this guy, I would not be in attendance. So why not just let the guy speak? Nobody has to attend, it's not mandatory, so why not just let a minuscule audience speak for itself? Why is it necessary to throw tantrums and destroy property until they get their way? Free speech is for everyone, not just those that we agree with. Sort of sad that the up and coming minds are so narrow and closed. The intolerance demonstrated by these liberals it noteworthy to all.

I'm not defending their actions. I'm just not outraged. One thing the past few months have taught me, is its absolutely fucking pointless to try be rational anymore. On the day I heard my new president sworn in he painted America as some sort of Mad Max hellscape. So why is it shocking that the shithole he claimed America to be proves itself to be true? We're way past the tipping point of civility. America told civility to take a long hike a while ago. So I'm learning really fast to stop being surprised when people are being uncivil.

We got liberals beating up people and destroying property and preventing freedom of speech and we got conservative white supremacists going into black churches and shooting killing everyone and burning down mosques preventing freedom of religion. I mean I suppose I could paint ALL conservatives with the Dylan Roof brush. But I'd rather just take the perspective that America is full of shitty Americans. Got plenty of great Americans too, but way more shitty than good at this point. I've tried most of my life to be a good one. Or at least be a better one today than I was yesterday. But I'm realizing it's pointless. I need to just pick a team and attack the other like the rest of America. I just don't like either team. So fuck em both I guess.

In this country speech is protected....even speech that we dont like. If people start going after speech that they dont like......eventually no one will be allowed to say anything....because someone somewhere will be offended.

If no one likes what milo has to say....then dont show up. If there are venues that no one shows up at, eventually people will get the hint, and no longer book him.

I do find it funny that Milo was not allowed to speak (by a group of people that defends free speech rights) because they dont like what he had to say. Just a bit hypocritical if you ask me.

You're right. This was an example of shitty liberal Americans being un-democratic. And there will be other examples this forthcoming year for you to spotlight as well I'm sure. And those will all be valid justifications for Republicans to claim the moral high ground. I'm just learning it's pointless to care about it anymore. Partly because the victim of these shitty Americans is other shitty Americans. And also partly because the last few months have been enlightening to me on many levels. I've always tried to have an independent mind. Try to be a good American, or at least be a better one today than I was yesterday. But I've learned that's been a huge waste of my time. America is in a vicious cycle it is never going to get out of. I need to just pick a team and then attack the other like the rest of America. The problem is I hate both teams. But I'm locked and loaded and ready to be a shitty American whenever I find my team.

I think George Carlin was spot on. We don't have rights. We just have temporary privileges.
--------------------------------
"Boy everyone in this country is running around yammering about their fucking rights. "I have a right, you have no right, we have a right."

Folks I hate to spoil your fun, but... there's no such thing as rights. They're imaginary. We made 'em up. Like the boogie man. Like Three Little Pigs, Pinocio, Mother Goose, shit like that. Rights are an idea. They're just imaginary. They're a cute idea. Cute. But that's all. Cute...and fictional.

Now, if you think you do have rights, I have one last assignment for ya. Next time you're at the computer get on the Internet, go to Wikipedia. When you get to Wikipedia, in the search field for Wikipedia, i want to type in, "Japanese-Americans 1942" and you'll find out all about your precious fucking rights. Alright. You know about it.

In 1942 there were 110,000 Japanese-American citizens, in good standing, law abiding people, who were thrown into internment camps simply because their parents were born in the wrong country. That's all they did wrong. They had no right to a lawyer, no right to a fair trial, no right to a jury of their peers, no right to due process of any kind. The only right they had was...right this way! Into the internment camps.

Just when these American citizens needed their rights the most...their government took them away. and rights aren't rights if someone can take em away. They're priveledges. That's all we've ever had in this country is a bill of TEMPORARY priviledges; and if you read the news, even badly, you know the list get's shorter, and shorter, and shorter.

Yeup, sooner or later the people in this country are going to realize the government doesn't give a fuck about them. the government doesn't care about you, or your children, or your rights, or your welfare or your safety. it simply doesn't give a fuck about you. It's interested in it's own power. That's the only thing...keeping it, and expanding wherever possible."

---------------------------

Now perhaps a shitty liberal would use the current Muslim ban as an example that we've not learned from our history that Carlin is pointing out. But I like to use the Patriot Act as better example since both liberals and conservatives just fucking love that act. Not only does it take away citizens rights under the bullshit of "keeping America safe" -- that same excuse they used for internment camps and they are using for the Muslim ban --- but it wraps it all up in a nice Red, White and Blue package to boot. Anytime the government says they are doing something to make us safer, Americans are probably losing some rights.

"Folks I hate to spoil your fun, but... there's no such thing as rights. They're imaginary. We made 'em up. Like the boogie man. Like Three Little Pigs, Pinocio, Mother Goose, shit like that. Rights are an idea. They're just imaginary. They're a cute idea. Cute. But that's all. Cute...and fiction."[/QUOTE]

The better I am able to defend my rights, the more real they are.

Now, if you think you do have rights, I have one last assignment for ya. Next time you're at the computer get on the Internet, go to Wikipedia. When you get to Wikipedia, in the search field for Wikipedia, i want to type in, "Japanese-Americans 1942" and you'll find out all about your precious fucking rights. Alright. You know about it.

In 1942 there were 110,000 Japanese-American citizens, in good standing, law abiding people, who were thrown into internment camps simply because their parents were born in the wrong country. That's all they did wrong. They had no right to a lawyer, no right to a fair trial, no right to a jury of their peers, no right to due process of any kind. The only right they had was...right this way! Into the internment camps.

Just when these American citizens needed their rights the most...their government took them away. and rights aren't rights if someone can take em away. They're priveledges. That's all we've ever had in this country is a bill of TEMPORARY priviledges; and if you read the news, even badly, you know the list get's shorter, and shorter, and shorter.

He's right....but he didnt look at the base cause....Fear. Fear gets in the way of a lot of things.....and is used to justify a lot of things.

Fear is what has caused all of the riots and protests over the last couple of months. Fear of rights being taken away....etc even though people dont realize that abortions are not a RIGHT.....lol....but dont get me started. If you even look at hatred, it is nothing more than fear externalized, instead of internalized.

LOL, there are a lot of thing that are temporary. Think about it.....money is nothing more than a little green piece of paper....that someone SAYS is worth something....kinda like most things in life. You 401K.....the deed to your house.....your marriage vows....etc. All of those exist because someone says that they hold meaning.....or value.

He's right....but he didnt look at the base cause....Fear. Fear gets in the way of a lot of things.....and is used to justify a lot of things.

Fear is what has caused all of the riots and protests over the last couple of months. Fear of rights being taken away....etc even though people dont realize that abortions are not a RIGHT.....lol....but dont get me started. If you even look at hatred, it is nothing more than fear externalized, instead of internalized.

LOL, there are a lot of thing that are temporary. Think about it.....money is nothing more than a little green piece of paper....that someone SAYS is worth something....kinda like most things in life. You 401K.....the deed to your house.....your marriage vows....etc. All of those exist because someone says that they hold meaning.....or value.

The cause is irrelevant of the result. The result is still the same regardless of the cause. Yep, fear is a powerful tool. It's been used to shape and control humans since civilizations began. And yea most things are temporary and their value is really just an illusion. So what happens when people realize that on the bigger scale? When they realize that democracy is as empty and ethereal as that deed to a house or the value of the dollar? They stop caring about it and are willing to let it go. Or perhaps even enjoy watching it burn.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...or-military-to-overthrow-president-trump.html

Sarah Silverman calls for military to overthrow President Trump

People might say...."Damn the Man", but they have forgotten, "The Man calls all the shots". Idiots like these are making the situation worse. They will end up making the government fight back, and thats when things get ugly.

Well it's Sarah Silverman, who has a fan base of about 10 people. And while the liberals are definitely in full blown Chicken Little mode, they still haven't reached the level of crazy Glenn Beck did back 2009 when he was on Fox. But I'm sure they'll get there at some point. But you're right it is going to get uglier. I think we can all see that coming.

I'm not defending their actions. I'm just not outraged. One thing the past few months have taught me, is its absolutely fucking pointless to try be rational anymore. On the day I heard my new president sworn in he painted America as some sort of Mad Max hellscape. So why is it shocking that the shithole he claimed America to be proves itself to be true? We're way past the tipping point of civility. America told civility to take a long hike a while ago. So I'm learning really fast to stop being surprised when people are being uncivil.

We got liberals beating up people and destroying property and preventing freedom of speech and we got conservative white supremacists going into black churches and shooting killing everyone and burning down mosques preventing freedom of religion. I mean I suppose I could paint ALL conservatives with the Dylan Roof brush. But I'd rather just take the perspective that America is full of shitty Americans. Got plenty of great Americans too, but way more shitty than good at this point. I've tried most of my life to be a good one. Or at least be a better one today than I was yesterday. But I'm realizing it's pointless. I need to just pick a team and attack the other like the rest of America. I just don't like either team. So fuck em both I guess.

Thankfully Dylan Roof is just one angry little man that may never again have audible flatulence for the rest of his short life. The stepping on free speech at college campuses is a regular thing, happens quite frequently and has been going on for some time.

The difference is groups of liberals regularly get away with stripping rights from others at their own discretion as opposed to a one time act by an individual. I wont say I'm outraged but I am concerned. It sets a really bad precedent when defense of rights becomes selective.

I cant even mention the Trump and shitty American part because I agree with you much more than I disagree. The intense coverage surrounding recent events and the election have illuniated plenty of shitty Americans. It also illuminated some very serious problems with the liberal progressive movement. Those of us that want equal rights for everyone really do have something to be concerned about because preservation or rights and equality for all are obviously not liberal values.

Thankfully Dylan Roof is just one angry little man that may never again have audible flatulence for the rest of his short life. The stepping on free speech at college campuses is a regular thing, happens quite frequently and has been going on for some time.

The difference is groups of liberals regularly get away with stripping rights from others at their own discretion as opposed to a one time act by an individual. I wont say I'm outraged but I am concerned. It sets a really bad precedent when defense of rights becomes selective.

I cant even mention the Trump and shitty American part because I agree with you much more than I disagree. The intense coverage surrounding recent events and the election have illuniated plenty of shitty Americans. It also illuminated some very serious problems with the liberal progressive movement. Those of us that want equal rights for everyone really do have something to be concerned about because preservation or rights and equality for all are obviously not liberal values.

You're correct equal rights and equality for all is not a liberal value. Nor is it a conservative value.

My basic perspective on the UC Berkeley mess is summed up in this Bill Burr bit talking about liberals losing their shit over the Duck Dynasty guys. I share a similar perspective: "I know what they did was wrong, but I dont get the shock. What did you think was going to happen when a guy like Milo who loves to call liberals cucks and a slew of other mean shit goes to epicenter of liberalism? Did you think they were gonna give him a hug?"

https://youtu.be/bEyaIjm0G2s?t=2m18s

You're correct equal rights and equality for all is not a liberal value. Nor is it a conservative value.

My basic perspective on the UC Berkeley mess is summed up in this Bill Burr bit talking about liberals losing their shit over the Duck Dynasty guys. I share a similar perspective: "I know what they did was wrong, but I dont get the shock. What did you think was going to happen when a guy like Milo who loves to call liberals cucks and a slew of other mean shit goes to epicenter of liberalism? Did you think they were gonna give him a hug?"

https://youtu.be/bEyaIjm0G2s?t=2m18s

100% correct. Thats why I'm neither. I wish libertarian didnt sound so much like liberal. We are nothing alike.

Your comment reminded me of how Martha Stewart (I think thats who it was) lost her entire career over the admission that she said the "N-word" back in the day. I work with old folks and I occasionally still hear that and other words that have been retired for the most part. I dont get worked up, they came up in a different time and I consider that. Why was anyone surprised when the Duck Dynasty guys had different views and voiced them? Further, why did anyone really care? If you dont agree with them, if they offend you, STOP WATCHING THEM! Right?

I'm going to go ahead and say that those that get their feelings hurt so easily lack fundamental adaptability and are ill equipped to fully function in life. True diversity includes all the Martha Stewarts and Duck Dynasty guys along with all the other folks from other lands and lifestyles.

I dont get offended by liberals, I dont care. Disagree with me, its all good.

What I find truly offensive, more offensive than anything on this side of cutting the fenders out of a classic Bronco, pizza with pineapple on it. I see it and I want to lurch. Just the sight of it makes me wonder who could do such a terrible thing to a perfectly good pie. What do I do about it? I leave it at the buffet for the next guy that might like it rather than protesting to have it removed from the menu. I really think folks need to relax and take a dose of tolerance.

Your alright! I hope we get to ride together one day :cheers:

Your comment reminded me of how Martha Stewart (I think thats who it was) lost her entire career over the admission that she said the "N-word" back in the day.

Your alright! I hope we get to ride together one day :cheers:

I believe that was Paula Dean. Martha Stewart is now on a cooking show with Snoop Dogg.

Kronx is a great guy, met him a couple of years ago at Eureka springs.

I believe that was Paula Dean. Martha Stewart is now on a cooking show with Snoop Dogg.

This is a little off topic, but it's my thread:eusa_dance: Can anyone tell me how snoop dogg can go from being a drug dealing pimp. Real hookers, and a mediocre
entertainer (IMO) that's biggest message is ho's and pot, to sesame st, The Obama white house, and a cooking show with Martha Stewart?????:ummm:

Back