How Much for New V-max in Australia and New Zealand?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gleno

Reaction score
Well the Yamaha stealer called today with the price of a new V-max.

$29,950 + on road costs (rego. insurance etc) Final tag to hit the tar is $32,380. :damn angry:

If the market in the U.S. thought that $18,000 U.S. was too steep you can now rejoice about the great deal you are getting. :clapping:

To put this in perspective, $0.97725 cents Australian buys $1.00 U.S. so we are being shafted by Yamaha. :th_analprobestare:

Here is the Australian / New Zealand dealer brochure FYI. http://www.yamaha-motor.com.au/motor/index.htm?prod_detail.asp?MD_ID=563

I'd rather buy from a U.S. dealer and ship it out but Yamaha's distribution monopoly arrangements with the Australian Government would mean it could not be registered here (for another 15 years).

They are 18,500 Euro's in Greece. I had a member of my SV portal tell me that...

Damn pricey no matter how you look at it...:damn angry:

I really want this bike BUT I'm not prepared to pay a premium of $10,000 for the 'privilege' of buying it in Australia.

That's a butt fuck.

I can buy a lot of performance for $32,000.

I can pick-up a new R1 for 14k at the dealers right now. If I put even 5k into that bike (or for that matter any performance bike) it's going to eat the new V-max.

My ego is not so fragile that it needs a $32,000 patch.

Sorry to hear that guys!!:damn angry: I'm still trying to justify spending that amount of money. I have said multiple times that I was going to put money down but then I wake up the next day and wonder if that's a smart thing to do considering cost of this thing! My financial status is pretty good at the moment but that could change very soon!

Back