How much would you pay OTD for a

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Low milage 2009 max? I'm in the market for an 09'. I just don't think I could spend that much money on something red. :p

Obviiously MSRP is 15300 would you pay right under 16 if you had to? just curious.:confused2:

Passed one up with under 2800 miles for $ 13,900. at the dealer. Went to a Florida buyer about 2 weeks later. + tax , tag & title it would have been about $ 15 K .

I passed on the 09 with 13,671 miles, they still won't come off the $14,000.00 OTD... My final offer was $13,500.00. Too many miles anyway. also no record of service and needed tires...

I passed on the 09 with 13,671 miles, they still won't come off the $14,000.00 OTD... My final offer was $13,500.00. Too many miles anyway. also no record of service and needed tires...

Yea too many miles. I found one with <2000 miles but they want MSRP, a "reconditioning" fee :rofl_200: plus TTL that'd put it over 16,500. I offered MSRP OTD but I have a feeling with riding season coming they're gonna sit on it. Seeing it out in the weather grrr:bang head: oh well.

i had a guy call me the other day that said he just WOULD NOT give 4k for a YAMAHA, NO WAY. he said for 4k he could buy a harley! but he still wanted to see it but he wasnt gonna give me more than 3500. i didnt even give him my address, im about 99% sure he was gonna come kill me.

i told him if he didnt have the money then why even come look at it, and he said he does have the money he had 7k. he just didnt wanna spend anymore than 3 for a max and 3500 was way out of his comfort zone. then he told me if i didnt wanna sell it to him then fine theres plenty of other bikes on craigslist!!

so basically vmaxes suck but he still wants one theyre only worth 2 but hed give 3 for it.

i swear to god if i trashed this bike and just sprayed paint thinner on the whole bike and left it out in the snow and rain all winter then posted it up for 3500 people would be RUNNING to come buy it. but since its 4k and rdy to roll, NO WAY!! lol. people suck

well i hope hes enjoying his 1984 sportster right now. that d bag doesnt deserve a vmax

oh and if i change my mind to call him. LOL

i told him id do 3500 but im keeping all the extras and the scoops to sell them lol.

he said nuh uh, hed have to have ALL of it. i should feel privileged that hes even talking to me. he thinks hes kind of a big deal

he lived on "westside" and him and his "boyz" were gonna come "test ride" it

Well, looks like you have two options:

1. Forget him, and don't answer if he calls again. Safe, but boring.

2. Fuck with him. Call him back and pander up his ego. Tell him you reconsidered, and decided to sell it for $3500 with all the extras. Then say you'd like to sell it TODAY if possible and to make sure it's cash. Give him the address for a wal-mart on the other side of the state. Then proceed to option 1.

oh and if i change my mind to call him. LOL

i told him id do 3500 but im keeping all the extras and the scoops to sell them lol.

he said nuh uh, hed have to have ALL of it. i should feel privileged that hes even talking to me. he thinks hes kind of a big deal

he lived on "westside" and him and his "boyz" were gonna come "test ride" it

You've already talked to this guy too much. He's wasting your time.

I'm new here ... I am also in the market for a new or new to me 2nd gen Vmax ... Looks like a lot of bike but also a big price . There is about 56 of these bikes with in a 100 mile radius of me .
Found a few used ones but every one seems to want around 16k ,,, I found a new one for 16.5k ... I think its going to be a bad economy this summer and most of the new ones I see at dealers are going to be there in the winter ... thats when I will strike ...LOL
I have a enough bikes to get me threw the summer .

And, I hope the 12's are Burnt Orange.......:biglaugh:
I think that's whats available in France this year....

Well, looks like you have two options:

1. Forget him, and don't answer if he calls again. Safe, but boring.

2. Fuck with him. Call him back and pander up his ego. Tell him you reconsidered, and decided to sell it for $3500 with all the extras. Then say you'd like to sell it TODAY if possible and to make sure it's cash. Give him the address for a wal-mart on the other side of the state. Then proceed to option 1.

:clapping::rofl_200::biglaugh:

I was just talking with the Fredericktown Yamaha Dealer in Frederick, MD this morning and they just took in a 2009 Vmax that is going up for sale.

http://www.fredericktownyamaha.com/

He said they'll be asking between 12k to 14k for it. Sounds like a reasonable deal to me! I'm going to check it out later today when I drop by to hand them the latest Vboost copy. No, I'm not considering buying it. My pockets don't go that deep here lately....If I were to want the newer model, it would be a 2010 red one!

Back