HP boost numbers on the hyperchargers?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GScatena

Reaction score
Whattup all! So, Im thinking about putting one of the hyperchargers on my 2009 1100 vstar classic. Does anyone know what the actual HP boost would be? I hear alot of people talking about the noticeable difference, but Im not hearing any numbers. Any info is super appreciated! Thanks brothers! ~Gary

Mostly for looks. 2 HP maybe. Let's face it, it's a VStar to start with. It don't make a whole lot of power to start with. Your money is better spent on a nice tour bag, windshield or backrest for the old lady.

I had one on my VTX. I'm pretty sure it will do nothing without new pipes and a jetting change. They do look cool. I put LEDs inside mine and got lots of looks.

As they rely on air pressure to give any benefit I suspect you won't notice any difference, certainly in the lower gears.

I think Mr Patmax has the answer.

Even the best ram air systems on the race rep bkkes only get a boost at high speed.
I had a cold air system on my fj1200 so it breathed clean cool air instead of that that had just passed over/through the cooling fins...engines like cool dense not hot air..

As they rely on air pressure to give any benefit I suspect you won't notice any difference, certainly in the lower gears.

I think Mr Patmax has the answer.

Even the best ram air systems on the race rep bkkes only get a boost at high speed.
I had a cold air system on my fj1200 so it breathed clean cool air instead of that that had just passed over/through the cooling fins...engines like cool dense not hot air..

The hypercharger housing has a cutout in the bottom, which prevents it from having any ram air effect. Any benefits seen will be from the freer airflow that a more open filter will give you. The only way that you will see any real difference is if you also have a free flowing aftermarket exhaust and have jetted the carbs to match.

KU-PRO-HYPERCHARGER-003.jpg

C'mon guys, you know the real difference is in boasting-about your "new ram-air HyperCharger," when you go to the local Harley-centric roadhouse/bar. Soon the H-D barflies will be hanging-onto your scrawny shoulders, begging to be taken for a ride, like the one you took when you forked-over an extortionate amount of the $gelt$ for your same-function as-stock air cleaner.:confused2::rofl_200:

Well, our bikes have fake ram air scoops, too....

I don't really care. I bought a Vmax for the look. Same reason I bought a hypercharger for my vtx.

Back