(-*-) Hurts real bad lol Help!!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NHVmaxpower

Reaction score
Ok is it me? Me & my wife did 276 miles yesterday & have got to say out of all my many bikes I've had the Vmax seat is the most uncomfortable in the world. Both our butts are hurting . Is there something I can do to fix this issue? new seat maybe ? Refoam? Please help . Thanks

Sean Morley can hook you up with one of his cut down seats, they make a big difference. Get the rear seat done too, and the wife will be happy as well! I have a sportmax cut down seat which is similar to Seans, and I would never go back to a stocker. Long rides=no problem! Or you can also hit Rick up for a Maxgasser....the ultimate in comfort!!!

The seat is always one of the firsts in the never ending ( seems like to me anyway ) mods to our addiction.

^ It's definitely Not you, the Stock VMax Seat is terrible for any ride over an hour.
Sean's seat or a MaxGasser are Both Very Good Options.
I personally reshaped my stock seat and added 1" of extra padding myself.
I'm 6'1" and really like the extra height/padding, lowering it would Not work for me.
I ride a few hundred miles on a fairly regular basis and I don't have any problems with my reworked seat.

The stock early model GEN 1 seat is a torture rack. Anything is an upgrade. Check our vendors for a comfortable and better looking seat. There are a few good options.

I'm a fan of the Corbin seat. Tried a cut-down (SportMax) and was uncomfortable for me. The front curve was always pressing into the privates. They can be made differently so that can be fixed I am sure. Most do not like the look of the Corbin but I have been using them for 20 years or so on several different bikes. Have taken many long trips with no pain or problems. Get the second gen version with the plug instead of the flap if possible. Easier to fill up and can use a seat bag on the passenger seat and still fill up. Just my :twocents:

Morley's "mid cut", MUCH better than stock:
Pictures016.jpg

Pictures009.jpg

Pictures011.jpg

Heres a few MAXGASSER pics, Wont be available until late fall.

Attachments

• 2012-03-24_09-09-18_435.jpg
    2012-03-24_09-09-18_435.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 70
  • 2012-03-04_10-46-08_803.jpg
    2012-03-04_10-46-08_803.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 74
  • 2011-12-13 16.05.35.jpg
    2011-12-13 16.05.35.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 67
  • 15102011(005).jpg
    15102011(005).jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 71
I like the Morley seat . I was reading his page seems I will need a new base my seat base isnt perfect & has a crack in the rear of the front seat :-( .
I just emailed him we shall see .. Thanks guys

I ride a Corbin seat for many years now and Ive done 800 km a day trips on it, and I like it. No pain in the ass, and Im like 120 kilo :punk:
De the metric math yourself :rofl_200:
wetmax.jpg

Last edited:
I would love to try out some of these aftermarket seats. But really, the stock seat doesnt bother me. Sometimes I have to stand at a light to pull a wad out or pull my pant legs down. But I dont get off a ride with a sore ass. 6'2" 170lbs

Here is my Morley seat, I originally had a full cut, but it wasn't working for me. I talked to Sean and he reshaped it into a custom mid cut seat which fits me perfectly. I now can ride 600+ miles in a day and live to talk about it.
Here are the pic of the full cut:

IMG_2764.jpg IMG_2788.jpg

And here's the revised midcut:

IMG_1255.jpg IMG_0674.jpg

Sean made sure I was satified with his seat and the reshaping was taken care of by Sean! :thumbs up: :worthy::clapping::eusa_dance::punk:
I have sat on Rick's Maxgasser and it is very comfortable as well, and Rick offers the same top notch service and follow up as Sean. We are lucky to hav these two seat vendors here at VMF!

I can't wait for new seat. Not sure what Sean's giving for a cut but he knows I'm 6 ft3 265 lbs.

Hmm.. I've never had the priviledge(sp?) to ride with a stock seat.. My max came with a lowered seat (which woulda been my plan anyway).
Does anybody know what seat this may be? I do not have any history on the bike. (not hijacking , purposely. Just bringin more opinions to the party) ;)

T$

Attachments

• mymax.jpg
    mymax.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 48
+1 on the Corbin...doesn't even feel like I'm riding a bike anymore!! And I like the look...smooths out the seat section nicely :)

Back