I feel so much better now...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Seward

Reaction score
A couple years ago I made the mistake of buying a Logitech Harmony remote control. This has to be the worst designed product ever released upon an unsuspecting public. A year or so ago, the buttons started malfunctioning. Sometimes they wouldn't work, sometimes they wouldn't STOP working (think of an ever increasing volume level with no way to stop it).

I went online, and found out that the silicone buttons are coated with a bit of carbon that touches the main board, when the button is pressed, completing the control circuit. There is some sort of oil or something that leaches out of the silicone, making the carbon not make contact, or fall off the silicone and short the connection on the board.

I bought some paint which was conductive, and guaranteed to fix the problem. The paint lasted about 2 days. I tossed the remote into a drawer and figured maybe in a year or so it would heal itself and start to work again....

Today, I took it out of the drawer, put in a set of batteries, and got a "safe mode requested" error message.... Sounds like Win98!

I dismantled it for probably the 50th time, and tried to stick little bits of metal duct tape to the contact area of the buttons. It didn't stick....

I went to Logitechs website to see if it was a firmware problem, but it could not upload anything because safe mode evidently kept it from being recognized by my PC.

At that point, I gave it a good whack with a ball-peen hammer. :punk:
I feel better now.....

Last edited:
Send it back to it's maker... Wrap it in a piece of Pepperoni Pizza so they'll have a snack while they try to figure it all out....:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

'At that point, I gave it a good whack with a ball-peen hammer.' :rofl_200:

Back