I love happy endings

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tothemax93

Reaction score
I had the post on the broken stud in the head a little while back. Broke an easy out in it, drilled that out, but still could get the stud out. I finally raised the white flag and took it to my local cycle shop yesterday. They called today and said they had it out. It came out in tiny pieces of thread. they drilled it and helicoiled it. I didn't stand a chance. So I don't have a good way to get it home (no trailer). I had to get a special favor to get it there. So I asked them what they would charge to finish the job, and here's what there going to do. Front valve cover gasket
reinstall radiator
install marks 4-1
shim needles .30 thousands
sync carbs
$140.00. I had the new parts required, but it would have cost me the first $40 just to get it home. removing the stud was $90. To any of you local Buffalo guys, Motion craft in East aurora is the place.:punk:

Heck yeah, gotta like that! When I read the title '' I love happy endings '' I just had to read the thread, I could use a good massage :biglaugh:

LOL @ the two replies above.
I'm just glad you got it all worked out at a reasonable price.

The Bolt I stripped the head on, in the Bottom of my Fork, got removed at Klispie Automotive (a Machine Shop in Hamburg) for a whopping $10.88.
And the Local Hamburg Honda let me use their Fork Seal Tool to install the new Seal for free.
Both these guys made my day. :)

"Good on-ya" as the Antipodeans say.

Shops that work like that are worthy of mention. Glad you found them and informed us of their work. Maybe others will go there now.

Back