Ideas for color.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RagingMain

Reaction score
Hey Guys
Just picked up Marks 4-2 and going to get it ceramic coated.
Was wondering what you all think would match my bike.
Here is a pic as of this morning with the Kerker 4-1 and was thinking of doing the pipes a titanium to match my wheels and then have the cans done in shiny silver.
Sometimes I need help visualizing things. My girlfried isnt much help on this one.
Cheers

Attachments

• Morning Wood.jpg
    Morning Wood.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 67
  • Marks 4-2.jpg
    Marks 4-2.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 58
I really like the way it looks now. I would put it on the bike first and take a pic or two, then think about more color.. Just my 2 cents

I really like the way it looks now. I would put it on the bike first and take a pic or two, then think about more color.. Just my 2 cents

+1......Run it the way it is......

Change it later if you want to.....Give yourself time to think about it and look at them on the bike...

$0.02 deposited

Aw...the only color I can see in Mark's pipes is black ceramic! He does such a beautiful job with them and IMO would look terrific with your red & chrome.

Attachments

• 100_1555.jpg
    100_1555.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 41
Hey Fargo, just remember that the head pipes will take a beating from sand and rocks. The lighter the color the harder it is to see it. I like the fact that they're stainless so I left them alone. Less to suss with later on down the road.

Chris

I would say, leave them stainless as they will turn golden with the heat and the cans titanium to match the wheels.

Mike

Cool guys thanks.
Now that I see the black ceramic I like that a lot.
Might do the cans in black instead of Silver.
Also what Chris said about the lighter color is true. I am pretty sure I am not going to do the pipes in black. Plus I think they just blend in with the the frame too much to really have any impact. Danny yours does look sweet though.

My kerker is spoken for so it must come off. As far as leaving it, not too sure I want to put them on just to yank them off??? I am pretty sure I want to get them coated just for protection. My girlfriends son said I should do them red.
Besides I have wanted a 4-2 since I built the bike but at the time this was the best option. Dont get me wrong I really like the Kerker, makes kick as power and sounds awesome. One of the reasons for changing too is you can see that it pretty much hides my rear wheel on the right side. Cant have my pretty wheels hidden :damn angry:
Cheers

hey fargo, not to jump topics here, but i see u have the solid galfers in the back, they working out for ya? any runout?

Working just fine. No run out and it has helped on the braking.

thanks. mine started squealing like a bitch not too long ago, took it to the machine shop and i have almost 7 thousandths of runout and am talking with galfer.

do u use your back brake a lot? they definitely work better than stock by leaps and bounds.

thanks. mine started squealing like a bitch not too long ago, took it to the machine shop and i have almost 7 thousandths of runout and am talking with galfer.

do u use your back brake a lot? they definitely work better than stock by leaps and bounds.

I use it every time I brake. Both brakes every time.

On the back I just have the stock pads.
Up front I have EBC-HH

cool thanks for the info man and sorry about the hijack. i like the black/silver combo too sometimes! ur bike is sweet no matter what u do.

Thats not your bike is it Garrett???
If it is Danny's what happened to the 412s. Hope they didnt break on you or something.:confused2:

Latest posts

Back