Idiot cop...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL...the cop "threatened" with the tickets cause he was scared because he knew that he was following too close and not paying attention.

I have a lot of friends and family that are Police Officers, they are great guys.
And quite a few ride a Vmax (because like everyone else here they are V-Boost junkies).
So please don't judge all Police by one idiot that won't admit when he screws up.

Feel bad for the guy on the bike,You hit anyone in the ass here,It's your fault.You can request state police.Not sure if that would have helped Though.Local cops around here are bad about flying up on your ass right before they turn on all those flashing lights.A bunch of billy bad asses.Guy on the bike didn't do shit wrong

I have a lot of friends and family that are Police Officers, they are great guys.
And quite a few ride a Vmax (because like everyone else here they are V-Boost junkies).
So please don't judge all Police by one idiot that won't admit when he screws up.
Yep there are good & bad in every group this guy is one of them that gives them a bad name & will whine when some one beats his ass one day for it.

Uses of the words "damn" and "shitload" by officers of the law is strictly prohibited where I am from. They need to be polite and call you sir or miss. In general I had good encounters with police in the USA (except for the tickets of course and the one time that the police officer drew his gun because my friend who was driving was from India...right after 9-11).

If I had been the rider, I would have immediately asked for his badge number, and the phone number to his supervisor. Had he written out tickets, I am certain the helmet cam would have been real good to not only get the tickets thrown out, but to get any and all repairs done for ANY damage done, as well as monitary reperations for the blatant harrassment and false accusations.

Ah...NO...we wouldn't be "good". The Officer's actions are way out of line. He needs to maintain control of his vehicle at all times! The motorcycle driver could have needed to stop suddenly for a host of traffic situations. I would bring the video to the Officer's immediate suppervisor and demand the officer be cited for the accident...or just sue the town for damages.

My brother is a 22 year sheriffs deputy and I can tell you, you can always find someone who will tarnish the good name and work our police do. I'm just hoping that with this video he was held responsible and admonished or punished accordingly.

Wow! I wish I was the guy on the bike. That would have went a lot different. That worthless officer that is contributing in giving us a bad reputation which makes our job way harder. That prick would NOT have left there or he would have been arrested for hit and run. And if his supervisor which I would have notified by calling 911 would have sided with him, would be in a meeting with me, my attorney, and his Chief the next day. What a worthless fuck.

Feel bad for the guy on the bike,You hit anyone in the ass here,It's your fault.You can request state police.Not sure if that would have helped Though.Local cops around here are bad about flying up on your ass right before they turn on all those flashing lights.A bunch of billy bad asses.Guy on the bike didn't do shit wrong

"Following too close" is that charge here in VA, no matter what the reason was the rear end collision was caused by. As for us getting close before turning on our purdy lights...its so we can call in the stop with a tag number to our dispatchers before actually stopping the vehicle. Officers are killed in thier car alot because while they were sitting in the car calling the stop in, assholes bail out and start shooting. This approach gets us out of our car faster so we can fight back if needed.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

Wow! I wish I was the guy on the bike. That would have went a lot different. That worthless officer that is contributing in giving us a bad reputation which makes our job way harder. That prick would NOT have left there or he would have been arrested for hit and run. And if his supervisor which I would have notified by calling 911 would have sided with him, would be in a meeting with me, my attorney, and his Chief the next day. What a worthless fuck.

"Following too close" is that charge here in VA, no matter what the reason was the rear end collision was caused by. As for us getting close before turning on our purdy lights...its so we can call in the stop with a tag number to our dispatchers before actually stopping the vehicle. Officers are killed in thier car alot because while they were sitting in the car calling the stop in, assholes bail out and start shooting. This approach gets us out of our car faster so we can fight back if needed.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

Not trying to be controversial here but if you get up "close and personal", hit the lights and the guy / gal in front slams his / her brakes on in a panic and as a consequence you rear end them, how does that go down ? I would have thought it would be a requirement for a LEO to be able to read a license plate at a safe distance and therefore negate the possibility of the above scenario.

Chris.

Lol, well now if you mean get up on thier bumper, thats not what im talking about. But at night, with 50 different states each with 30+ designs plates, you do have to get a little closer than a normal following distance to read them. And ive got 20/20 vision. Not saying tailgaiting them down the road and then turning on your lights and scaring them but getting close enough to read the tags, then back off and activate lights to avoid your scenario. Now with that being said, there are some asshole cops that do run up on you and immediately turn the lights on. I work with one that does that and its only a matter of time before he smashes into the ass end of somebody. I guess he and some others think by doing that it will make people stop faster or something. It is funny however that we are viewed negatively because we have to write tickets and interupt peoples daily routine to remind them about highway safety. Thats one of the most dangerous day to day functions we perform and I can assure you, the officer who is stopping you is doing what he feels is the safest so he can go home to his family the next day.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Whenever I had to do traffic I would pull up along side of them as long as there was that option. Some of the newer squads now have license plate readers and can run a large number of plates in a short time. No need to get close. And it will tell you all the info you need to know about the vehicle. I had a chance to use this for a while on a trial basis before retiring. It was very interesting to use.

Lol, well now if you mean get up on thier bumper, thats not what im talking about. But at night, with 50 different states each with 30+ designs plates, you do have to get a little closer than a normal following distance to read them. And ive got 20/20 vision. Not saying tailgaiting them down the road and then turning on your lights and scaring them but getting close enough to read the tags, then back off and activate lights to avoid your scenario. Now with that being said, there are some asshole cops that do run up on you and immediately turn the lights on. I work with one that does that and its only a matter of time before he smashes into the ass end of somebody. I guess he and some others think by doing that it will make people stop faster or something. It is funny however that we are viewed negatively because we have to write tickets and interupt peoples daily routine to remind them about highway safety. Thats one of the most dangerous day to day functions we perform and I can assure you, the officer who is stopping you is doing what he feels is the safest so he can go home to his family the next day.

Now that makes sense. I was just curious as to the outcome of a LEO rear ending a driver and what the repercussions might be in that eventuality. Do all Highway Patrol cars have plate recognition and what can that system actually do ? For example; Does the system record all the data regarding the owner of the vehicle ? Does it work with out of state vehicles etc ?

Chris.

If you rear end someone you're following too closely and you're in the "wrong." Period. The cop knew he was wrong. I wonder if there was damage to the bike or if he just bumped the rear tire with the crash bar ?

Now that makes sense. I was just curious as to the outcome of a LEO rear ending a driver and what the repercussions might be in that eventuality. Do all Highway Patrol cars have plate recognition and what can that system actually do ? For example; Does the system record all the data regarding the owner of the vehicle ? Does it work with out of state vehicles etc ?

Chris.

Plate recognition scans any and all plates it sees as you drive around. It does not however show you the information as its doing it. Imagine driving through Walmart parking lot and it showing you the info on every car you pass. Lol. If the system finds a set of tags that have been entered as stolen, an audible tone activates and then all the vehicle info is displayed on that car and typically shows you a picture of it so you can determine which car it actually hit on fast. And yep, works with out of state tags too. Only thing is that the tag reader "know" the difference in states. In other words....California tag ABC-1234 is entered as stolen and the tag reader scans Virginia tag ABC-1234, it thinks it found a stolen car. So then you have to verify everything after it displays the info. Another cool feature about them is we can manually enter a license plate number for it to look for. So say a crime was.committed and a witness got the tag number. We enter it in the tag reader and it "looks for it". Thats how all the ones ive ever seen work. Not all police have them. I'd say only about 1 percent of law enforcement do.

Plate recognition scans any and all plates it sees as you drive around. It does not however show you the information as its doing it. Imagine driving through Walmart parking lot and it showing you the info on every car you pass. Lol. If the system finds a set of tags that have been entered as stolen, an audible tone activates and then all the vehicle info is displayed on that car and typically shows you a picture of it so you can determine which car it actually hit on fast. And yep, works with out of state tags too. Only thing is that the tag reader "know" the difference in states. In other words....California tag ABC-1234 is entered as stolen and the tag reader scans Virginia tag ABC-1234, it thinks it found a stolen car. So then you have to verify everything after it displays the info. Another cool feature about them is we can manually enter a license plate number for it to look for. So say a crime was.committed and a witness got the tag number. We enter it in the tag reader and it "looks for it". Thats how all the ones ive ever seen work. Not all police have them. I'd say only about 1 percent of law enforcement do.

Clever stuff indeed. I was under the assumption (thanks for the correction) that the plate recognition would provide the trooper with perhaps information about warrants for arrest or other malfeasance but I suppose that may come in the future as data bases are enlarged and shared etc.

Chris.

Latest posts

Back