Illinois cop changes his attitude after.....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's amazing how many officers I see on their cell phone.

I have been a police officer for over 16 years... I receive several calls a day, from my dispatch center. Not saying this officer is in the right, but a lot of detail calls comes from my cell phone. Everyone has a scanner and sometimes just comes down to knowing what your getting into before you get there. In my opinion, it was clear the trucker wanted and augment.

I have been a police officer for over 16 years... I receive several calls a day, from my dispatch center. Not saying this officer is in the right, but a lot of detail calls comes from my cell phone. Everyone has a scanner and sometimes just comes down to knowing what your getting into before you get there. In my opinion, it was clear the trucker wanted and augment.

Are you saying you routinely talk on your cell phone while driving in your police cruiser? And that your dispatch center not only approves of it, but also aides and abets this bad behavior? :confused2:

Wow. Maybe it's time for your KS police dept to upgrade their cell phone equipment to something featuring hands-free operation so that at least you still have both hands to drive?:ummm:

A lawsuit against the Department should the officer have an incident, his fault or not if in the departmentally approved use of cell phones is established. I hate to be expected that officers use their personnel cells which leave officers open to full disclosure of their personal phone usage. If depart is issuing cell phones as a tool, they may be fighting lawsuits should something bad happen. Officer has a personal defense in civil litigation that his department provides and makes him use it. Let's not for get officers crash cars all the time using there KDT (keyboard Dat Terminal) or even their two ways. Just like pilot overload, they is a built in level of distraction inherent to the job.

The law as I read in Illinois, passed just this year, exempts LEO on "official business"

While typical of some
LEO behavior in trying to throw their weight around, I think most cops are better than that.

Too gain a little perspective, consider the "V for Vendetta" mask hanging on that guys passenger seat.

That movie is one of my favorites by the way.

But the masks says a lot about truck driver having a "looking for trouble" attitude.

Latest posts

Back