I'm an idiot-Rear shock strip

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davidh2905

Reaction score
I've tried to strip one of my rear shocks to clean and repaint the spring, couldn't see any way to remove spring. I took off the large circlip that was holding the top plastic adjuster on and two springs and ball bearings fell out, I can see where they go but I moved the adjuster gear and don't know where it should be now for correct adjustment. Also I still can't see how to strip shock to remove spring.
Appreciate any help with this.

Cheers,
David

Wow, can't help. I'm thinking Sean would be your best bet. My guess is that they're not serviceable.

You can find them darn near new for cheap I'm sure. I have a set with maybe 1000 miles in my basement that I keep (just in case) lol

Chris

I haven't taken the OEM shocks apart to get the spring out but the plastic cover is easy to swap out.

Sean

You need to use some spring compressors to squash the spring,then remove the collars (they have a slot in them to fit past the damper rod.). I'm not sure about the adjuster cos I did the same thing myself like a moron,but I'm going to strip out the other shock in next couple days so will be taking particular notice of the adjuster cog. Must be some ID for position somewhere.

Thanks, I've stripped shocker and it is simple inside, the adjuster wheel is marked and even without marking you can feel where resistance is, so easy in the end.
'til next time, cheers

Latest posts

Back