In need of custom paint repair

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maxedout

Reaction score
I have a 2007 Yamaha Vmax that suffered some paint damage.It is a quarter sized area with a scratch about .5 inch long that goes into the shadowing off of the red flame.Can you fix this?I have pics of the damage that I can Email. This is the red flame with black drop shadow finish.I have always found quality suggestions here.I am hoping to get continued support from here first on my Vmax.
Thanks in advance

I have a 2007 Yamaha Vmax that suffered some paint damage.It is a quarter sized area with a scratch about .5 inch long that goes into the shadowing off of the red flame.Can you fix this?I have pics of the damage that I can Email. This is the red flame with black drop shadow finish.I have always found quality suggestions here.I am hoping to get continued support from here first on my Vmax.
Thanks in advance

If your 07 is a stock cover and I'm assuming it is. The flames are a decal thats clear coated over. I guess it may be possible to fix, but it sounds like a tough one to fix without finding another decal, new paint job and clearing over it. Keep us posted on the turnout and good luck!

I would try clearing over the spot and wet sanding it...

Can't hurt. If you screw it up and you like the flames have someone custom paint them...:biglaugh:

I went a different way with my '06. I don't do flames so...

Attachments

• IMG_0115.jpg
    IMG_0115.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 26
It may be better/easier to just replace the cover. Check out the price with Gary McCoy at Mondak.

bump

Thanks in advance

Latest posts

Back