Interesting Find

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spyglass

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did some poking around a new-to-me 2010 and found this little switch behind the tool kit panel with an associated Fuzeblocks FZ-1.

Secret Switch.jpg Fuzeblocks FZ-1.jpg

I figured it was a hidden ignition disable switch or another potentially useful addition.

Unfortunately, the red glow below the bike suggested otherwise.

LED Glow.jpg

Now that's some elaborate work with a $100 distribution block for a $2 LED zipped tied to the frame. 🤣

LED.jpg

I dunno what the vehicle regulations are in Nova Scotia, but I know where I am, in Florida, accessory lighting such as that red LED is prohibited by state statute. You could use the fuse block to wire-up a cell phone charger, driving lights, a good horn or some other use.

I dunno what the vehicle regulations are in Nova Scotia, but I know where I am, in Florida, accessory lighting such as that red LED is prohibited by state statute. You could use the fuse block to wire-up a cell phone charger, driving lights, a good horn or some other use.
Thanks for the heads-up on the LEDs, I'll look into that.

Although, I don't think I'll ever turn that on other than for entertaining the lads in the garage over beers.

Good ideas for the fuse block.

BTW...

NB - New Brunswick
NS - Nova Scotia

Red and blue LED use aside from law or emergency is against the law here in New Mexico as well. Still doesn't stop them from using them, riding with them and not getting even side eye from cops.

New Mexico....the only state where you can be doing 90 and get passed by a cop while some meat head passes the cop and no one gets pulled over.

Back