Internet Info

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's brilliant! :clapping:

You search out your name and find it together with your home address......

You are curious to see what other data they have...... :ummm:

You pay nearly $20 for a three month subscription.......

And find out that all they have is what can be found in a telephone directory! :surprise: :real mad: :tantrum:

You won't need many suckers to fall for that to make a fair bit of dosh.

Cynical? Moi?

I came up with everything being pretty spot on, I tried Susan (my wife) and she didn't come up until I tried her maiden name and it comes up at our house (yes we lived in sin) lol but it's pretty scary to see what these people have. My father in law is on there as well and he doesn't surf the web AT ALL!

Too funny, I'm on it only listed by my initial. my dad isn't on it. my niece is showing up as living at my house wich she never has.

My name is pretty popular but I didn't find and info on me in any the locations or even the surrounding areas that I searched.
Just don't give them any info, don't type in your email address, ph, etc. because then they have it in their datrabase as current info. Clever bastards digging up info on people, I pity the ones that pay for this service to "erase" their info.:bang head:

While it's "scary" to discover it, in reality it's no more info that you haven't personally volunteered. Public records, phone listing records, housing data, ect. Just some of it you might not have known was public, but was. They're not spying on your house or anything, photos of your house are often easily found through Google by searching the address.

It's also why I do not use facebook, twitter, blogs, or any of the other "social network" sites that sites like this scour for data. There's automated programs that "fetch" all the data fields from facebook accounts when possible and automatically tally them to the name. People create these programs, then sell the mass amounts of collected and aggregated data to these sites, which then sell it again to you.

While it's unnerving, it's no more info than someone could obtain by searching around a bit. Also why you need to be very careful about putting personal data anywhere on the internet. All it takes is someone with access to your "private" account to innocently re-post it somewhere publicly, and BAM, it's out there forever.

ya its all public data, but theyre putting it in a database and holding you ransom basically.

pay up and theyll let go of your data, LOL.

lol what a dick.

brilliant..

but still a deck...

Back