Is it just me?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is America getting worse or better by the day?

• Total voters

woodsman30

Reaction score
Is it just me or does this Country take a turn for the worse everyday?:ummm:

I think it's situation normal. But with the internet, video taking cell phones and the like, People are starting to have more of a voice (whether right or wrong) and it is being seen by more people.

With some clever editing, photoshop, or just flat out a bullshit story with a picture of something/someone the poster can start a shitload of damage real quick before people realize that the info is bogus to start with. The phrase "never believe everything you read" has never been more relevant. Allot of people put out shit true or false for one reason only and that's to stir the pot. Ether to try and start some positive thinking or to rile people up.

The press, if you can call it that, is about as divided as the crap that's out there. Its become too common for them to blurt out a story that's full of holes or untrue all together, and then offer up a quick apology in an obscure time or in a newspaper's odd ball page that rarely gets read. They need to be held more accountable for what they say. Look at all the stories on the Duke Lacrosse team. The country, due to the press, was ready to lynch those kids. But when all was said and done, Nothing lined up, the kids didn't do it. If there was an apology given by the networks, I sure as hell missed it. Its kind of like that one dumb as hell cop does more stupid shit and gets it caught on camera. People don't say, "what a dumb ass cop, he needs to turn in his badge." It's Dumb assed copS, like everyone is as dumb as this fucker. My favorite one came from a friend of mine. He stated that he hates cops because one arrested his cousin. I asked arrested for what? his reply was DUI. I thought to myself, okay, I'll play along and asked if he was drinking. Turned out his cousin blew a .260. When I pointed that out, my friend said "well, yeah. But the cop didn't have to be a dick about it, He could have let him walk home."

Same thing with this Martin kid. People are bitching about the system, the judge, race. How about the investigators did some sloppy work, or the prosecutors screwed the pooch on presenting this case. People are bitching about the jury, but when the prosecutors help with introducing reasonable doubt, they're going to loose every time. "What if's" and "Could of's" That trial was over before it even got going. A person is smart and can be reasoned with, people are easily wound up and can be led astray real easily, this is why Al Sharpton's and Jesse Jackson's of the world only seem to show up for certain occasions. You never see them, or that bitch Gloria Alred, show up for no reason stating, "today a food bank fed 20,000 people" or "America is doing alright today, lets keep up the good work." Nope, just all the bullshit to gather attention or get more ratings. Speaking of Alred, you've all seen her on the tele with her clients. You ever notice that you don't really see her after the case is over? I wonder what her win/loss record is.

I think Woodsman & KJ are both correct. The country IS in a downward spiral, the borders are being flooded with illegals, violence in our cities is escalating, and we have a limp dick administration running the show (speaking of 'clown shoes' :biglaugh:)

By the same token, we have a media that, in the pursuit of higher ratings, is pretty well steering the emotions of the populace thru sensationalistic coverage and slanted reporting. They have a huge responsibility in what's happening and appear to be immune from accountability!

We started circling the drain as soon as we began massacring the Indians for their land so in that respect it's 'Situation Normal....All Fucked Up"

On the other hand there are many indications of a trend away from 'normalcy' (if you will)....God, Country & Family are slowly being pushed aside by special interests that, quite honestly' make us look like a bunch of perverted fools in the eyes of the world.

I guess with all that said I have to stand on the fence and say it's roughly a normal situation for this country, we've been heading towards self-destruction for centuries.

When the Federal Govt. ignores the concerns, safety and privacy of Americans on a daily basis then claims the 5th and lies on a daily basis, we're in great distress. I've lost track of all the important issue that are being ignored.

Every aspect of being an American is being tossed in the crapper. I've heard that ObamaCare (The Unaffordable Care Act) is going to be advertised on the Porta Potties. A good place for it would be the seats. Or, the paper rolls.....:rofl_200:

Personally, I think it's getting worse for all the reason's stated above and then some. Legalizing same sex marriages, and marijauna. Then there's the internet....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bufTna0WArc

It just kills me all the talk about things people swear are true when a little Snopes.com disclaims it. People don't talk to each other, it's email or texting.

The decline in morals, respect, pride and common courtesy is at an all time low in this country. When I was a kid (I'm 60) any parent on the block could put you in your place. You certainly better not cut up in school or the teacher would blister your ass. Get expelled and from school and my father would have killed me. It was yes sir and yes m'am to every grown up you encountered.

Now it's 'No Problem" when it should be "Your welcome' it just burns me up!! :real mad:

Yep, it's getting worse. :bang head:

Be careful about relying only on snopes for the truth. Also try factcheck and truthorfiction, as well as any others available. Many times you will see that not all have the same view as snopes. Which one is right? Who knows? Read them all before making your own judgement.

By the same token, we have a media that, in the pursuit of higher ratings, is pretty well steering the emotions of the populace thru sensationalistic coverage and slanted reporting. They have a huge responsibility in what's happening and appear to be immune from accountability!

This is really one of the bigger issues going on right now. Nobody in their right mind wants to be a journalist anymore. It's just not a good way to make an honest living, and getting the story is more challenging than ever.

The internet killed the journalist. The entertainer replaced the journalist. Bad information flows freely, and there's little to no accountability for spreading around bullshit. It's going to take an untold number of years before we have convenient access to good information again. Until that time, it's going to be tough to really focus on what needs focusing.

The potential for something better then ever is really there. Facebook and Twitter were instrumental in cutting through bullshit, and toppling a 30 year standing regime. Wikileaks, love it or hate it, demonstrates the potential to blow the doors off a cover up faster than ever before. Knowledge is power, and 'Power to the People' has some unprecedented potential thanks to how fast and easily we can communicate now. The trick is in filtering out all that noise and garbage that is also there thanks to that ease, and when we find good ways to filter it out, we'll really have something.

It's going to take some time to shuffle all the bullshit out, but I have high hopes we'll have more tools than ever to really get shit done.

Be careful about relying only on snopes for the truth. Also try factcheck and truthorfiction, as well as any others available. Many times you will see that not all have the same view as snopes. Which one is right? Who knows? Read them all before making your own judgement.

I actually was just pointing out with the video included that we rely way to much on information fed us on the internet. Snopes.com just happen to be one I pointed out as a source to dispell rumors.

I'm not interested in views, just truth. It's kind of like religion, you'll find out which one was right IF you end up in Heaven.

how are those two items worsening america?

Let me enlighten you. The weed movement is a big conspiracy to increase crime rates among minorities and poor.

I know what you're thinking... you're thinking 'ahhhh boy, here we go'. You might also be thinking something like 'I've never seen an angry stoner in my life, increased crime my ass'.

The lack of the angry stoner may be historically accurate, but times have like, changed man. You know what is going on in parallel to the legalization of marijuana? The health movement. They're making laws against giant sodas in New York, and they're making dieting more appealing. The cookie monster doesn't care about cookies with that same fiery passion he used to, and now considers them a 'sometimes food'.

What does this mean? It means the traditional snacks that a stoner requires to stay calm after getting high is simply not available. They've taken away all the best junk food, and now make it legal so that they can use the very unique set of circumstances to gather statistics that petty crimes increased following the legalization of marijuana. They're counting on stoners getting high, and forgetting that they can't get Twinkies anymore, and breaking into stores in hopes of finding the secret stash of them 'in the back' where there is always surely one more of whatever it is that appears out of stock on the shelves.

The wealthy will be able to enjoy their weed and their Twinkies because they'll have huge stashes of them, or be able to pay the exorbitant ebay rates. It will only be the poor and the dark that commit the crimes that the rich white man is forcing them to. It's a setup man. A setup.

:edit:
Wait, we're cool. Twinkies are back!. Fuck it, gay love and weed for all that want it.

I call it a progressive regression and it's going to be that way Until were back into the Stone Age

Let me enlighten you. The weed movement is a big conspiracy to increase crime rates among minorities and poor.

I know what you're thinking... you're thinking 'ahhhh boy, here we go'. You might also be thinking something like 'I've never seen an angry stoner in my life, increased crime my ass'.

The lack of the angry stoner may be historically accurate, but times have like, changed man. You know what is going on in parallel to the legalization of marijuana? The health movement. They're making laws against giant sodas in New York, and they're making dieting more appealing. The cookie monster doesn't care about cookies with that same fiery passion he used to, and now considers them a 'sometimes food'.

What does this mean? It means the traditional snacks that a stoner requires to stay calm after getting high is simply not available. They've taken away all the best junk food, and now make it legal so that they can use the very unique set of circumstances to gather statistics that petty crimes increased following the legalization of marijuana. They're counting on stoners getting high, and forgetting that they can't get Twinkies anymore, and breaking into stores in hopes of finding the secret stash of them 'in the back' where there is always surely one more of whatever it is that appears out of stock on the shelves.

The wealthy will be able to enjoy their weed and their Twinkies because they'll have huge stashes of them, or be able to pay the exorbitant ebay rates. It will only be the poor and the dark that commit the crimes that the rich white man is forcing them to. It's a setup man. A setup.

Wait, we're cool. Twinkies are back!. Fuck it, gay love and weed for all that want it.

fantastic. :clapping:

Adds a whole new dimension to the 'twinkie defense' doesn't it! :smoke000:= :jail:

Yeah kinda knew the answer I just try to make sense of the shit and come up with shit:bang head: Obama care is the biggest cluster fuck to come along since the British were sent packing.
This whole not defending your self thing is bullshit.. so its better to be a victim really:ummm:

Back