Is NJ the 'Armpit of America?'

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
Dear New Jersey, when people call you 'The Armpit of America,' take it as a compliment.

Unless you're from Bayonne or Port Newark (then, you earned it):biglaugh:

3341536_G.jpg
NEW JERSEY (MYFOXNY.COM) -
A new billboard is supposed to go up this summer in New Jersey with an ad from Dove, the soap and deodorant brand.
The ad reads: "Dear New Jersey, when people call you 'The Armpit of America,' take it as a compliment. Sincerely, Dove."
The new ad is part of a marketing campaign by Dove to promote a new line of deodorant called Dove Advanced Care.
Marketing expert Adam Hanft says that while the ad's intention is to empower women and even make the armpit look good, the "Armpit of New Jersey" angle may make Dove look bad.
Some feel it's just a nasty dig at the Garden State, already the brunt of jokes after the George Washington Bridge political scandal. Traffic in Fort Lee was snarled for days because of lane closures on to the bridge, apparently, part of a political payback scheme.
So, we went to Fort Lee to show folks dove's new ad, to get their reaction.
But I will say this: the cucumber fragranced dove advanced care deodorant does smell very nice.
Unilever, which makes Dove, issued this statement Friday night: "Our intent with the 'Dear New Jersey' ad was to call attention to the fact that armpits can and should be considered beautiful and ask women everywhere to accept this as something that is okay. We did not wish to cause any misunderstanding or offense. We take feedback from our community very seriously and will not be running this billboard advertisement."

"armpits can and should be considered beautiful?" Getta-load of this NJ beauty, who runs w/Snookie:
images

Read more: http://www.myfoxny.com/story/248573...america-billboard-in-new-jersey#ixzz2ugTKf959

I'm gonna go puke now.

I'm from New Jersey. It's a GREAT place to be FROM.

FAR FROM!!! :clapping:

I was on Matt Drudge's site & saw something else. When I looked at that, I saw the NJ article.

I debated if I should bother, but it seemed like such a piece of work, I thought some guys would see the humor. Hey there's no-accounting for taste when "Jersey Shore" is out-there. Um, maybe, "bad taste!" :rofl_200:
images
images
images
images

Does this make-up for it?

BTW, it was 84 * today, I changed the oil on two family cars & used a 3M headlight refinishing kit on both too. Well-worth the time and effort. Trying to gear-up for Daytona. :punk:

I was on Matt Drudge's site & saw something else. When I looked at that, I saw the NJ article.

I debated if I should bother, but it seemed like such a piece of work, I thought some guys would see the humor. Hey there's no-accounting for taste when "Jersey Shore" is out-there. Um, maybe, "bad taste!" :rofl_200:
images
images
images
images

Does this make-up for it?

BTW, it was 84 * today, I changed the oil on two family cars & used a 3M headlight refinishing kit on both too. Well-worth the time and effort. Trying to gear-up for Daytona. :punk:
Acceptable recovery post FM! Step away from N.J., SFLA looking much better!

Back